Çhä₱†êr §èvéñ

Çhä₱†ê §èvéñ

When Aezalia woke up the sun was just rising over the rolling hills that were out her window. At first she thought last night was a dream until she walked past her saddle and bridle. She smiled and ran out to her pony who was in the same spot the night before. Star let out a small nicker in greeting and returned to her grazing.

When Aezalia saw that Star was doing just fine she went back inside to prepare herself a light breakfast, for hobbit standards that is. As she ate she thought of the night before and all that had happened. 'Why did Gandalf want me to join these dwarves? Just because I am part Hackaby doesn't mean I have to go.' she shrugged her shoulders when she couldn't think of a reasonable explanation.

When her clock began to chime telling her it was ten minutes till nine she cleaned up her breakfast, grabbed all of her supplies and went out to her backyard. Again, Stardust called out a greeting and stamped her hoof when she saw what Aezalia was carrying.

"Will you let me put these things on you?" she asked the pony. Star tossed her head up and down and let out a few puffs of air, "Good girl." she smiled. It turned out that she was very easy to bridle and saddle and Aezalia was done in only fifteen minutes. The pack easily clipped onto the saddle and soon she was ready to go.

'I still have some time to kill.' she thought to herself and suddenly had a great idea. "Come Star," she said to her pony and led her onto the main road, "We're going to check on Bilbo and make sure he's ready."

As they walked Aezalia enjoyed the nice cool breeze that blew through her hair and the constant 'clip, clop' of Star's hooves on the gravel road. At the bottom of Hobbiton Hill she looked up towards Bilbo's house and saw someone walk past the window. 'So he is up!'

~~~~~~~~~~

Aezalia tied Star to Bilbo's fence and climbed the stone stairs up to his round door. She only had to knock once before he opened the door and they both stared at each other. Both of them wore almost the same exact outfit except on Bilbo's jacket he had brass button while Aezalia had fools gold buttons.

"How did-?" Bilbo started but was soon cut off.

"Are you ready to go?" Aezalia asked excitedly.

"Ready to go where?"

"On the adventure silly!"

"What, that actually happened? It wasn't a dream at all?"

"Yes it actually happened! Hurry up we are supposed to be at the inn in twenty minutes!"

"I still need to pack and clean and sign the contract."

"I packed for you last night, you don't need to clean and hurry up and sign it!"

"Okay, okay. You go grab my back while I sign it."

While Aezalia ran off to grab Bilbo's pack while he searched for his contract and a pen to sign it with. Once it was done the two burst out of the door and onto his front step.

"Where did you get a pony?" he asked in surprise when he saw Stardust eating his flowers.

"No time to explain we have to get to the Green Dragon in ten minutes!"

The two hobbits hopped onto Stardust's back and quickly took of in the direction of the Green Dragon. Stardust was slowed down by the added weight and couldn't go much faster than a fast canter.

"We're not going to make it." Bilbo shouted over the noise of Stardust's heavy breathing and thud of her small hooves.

"Don't talk like that of course we're going to make it!"

¥__________¥

"Did you make it to the inn in time Uncle?" Frodo asked. He always asked this question in the same spot even though he knew the answer.

"Frodo my boy, just because you always ask this question does not change the outcome of the story." Bilbo laughed.

"I know, I just like to ask." he smiled.

"For a lad as bright as you you sure do ask a lot of questions. Now, may I continue?"

"Yes Uncle."

¥__________¥

"Alright men, lets go!" Thorin commanded.

"But, Thorin, it is not ten o'clock yet." Balin objected. "They still have one minute left."

"I would like to see them make it in one minute."

"I'll give you two bags of coins if the hobbits don't show up." Kili whispered to his brother.

"Oh you're on!" he smiled.

"Ten, nine, eight, seven," Thorin began to count down.

"You might as well give it to me now Fili."

"They still have six seconds left."

"Six, five, four, three, two-"

"We're here! Right on time too to be exact!" Aezalia called to the awaiting dwarves.

"Thank you." Fili smiled as his brother gave him two bags of golden coins.

"Now, why don't we stop and eat a quick something at the inn?" Bilbo asked as he hopped off of the pony.

"We are on a tight schedule and we need to leave now." Thorin said and turned his horse towards the gates. All the dwarves and Aezalia followed Thorin as he rode away.

"We have a pony just for you Bilbo." Oin told him as he rode past the hobbit.

"No, no I'll be fine walking than you very much."

"Too late!" he laughed as Dwalin picked him up and put him on a light colored pony that tossed his head when he was placed on his back.

"Great." Bilbo mumbled as he awkwardly held the rope reins.

----------Sorry this was kind of a boring chapter but, you know, there always seemed to be at least on in every book. Um, can someone tell me what happens next or if Gandalf was supposed to be with them because I suddenly cannot remember. Thanks I would appreciate that greatly if you guys would do that for me (pm don't comment it) ~God Bless----------