Çhã₱têr Føür

Çhā₱têr ₣øür

"Can I get you gentleman anything?" Bilbo cautiously asked the two dwarves. He hated to ask them for they had already dinned on all of the seed cakes and were draining the tea.

"I'll have a few biscuits." Balin said very politely.

"Do you by any chance have anymore seed cakes?" Dwalin asked eyeing the very last one.

"N- no." Bilbo stuttered.

"Very well, I'll have some ale if you have any of that." he said while leaning back in his chair.

"I- I'm afraid I don't have any ale at the moment. Would tea suffice?"

"Ah, that'll be great!"

Just then, another rapping came upon the door. Bilbo stared at the door with a distressed face and let out a puff of air. "Aezalia," he called straightening up.

"Yes." she replied running up to him on light feet.

"Do you mind getting our guests what they want?" he asked, choking on the word guests.

"Of course!" she almost laughed for he was not being the greatest host. Before she turned to leave he slipped a key into her hand and whispered into her ear, "Lock the cellar door while you're at."

"You're so selfish!" she laughed and skipped towards his store of food.

He smiled as he watched her go and thought, 'How did we ever become friends?' but his thoughts were interrupted by a louder knock. 'When will this night end?!'

~~~~~~~~~~

When Aezalia came back with her arms full of food she almost dropped it at the sight she saw. Twelves dwarves were bustling about with plates, food and drinks in hand. Bilbo was chasing a younger looking dwarf with dark blond hair who was balancing several plates on his head.

"Don't drop those! Put those down!" he ordered.

"I thought you didn't want me to drop them? If I put them down then I will be dropping them." the dwarf asked in a sarcastic tone but was joking at the same time. "Oi! Kili, catch!" he shouted and tossed two plates towards a dwarf with black hair and a bow strung across his back. He spun around twice before he caught the plates behind his back. "Good catch brother!"

"Why thank you Fili!" he said with a small bow.

"I'll take those for ya Miss." someone said standing next to her. He had redish colored hair that was done in braids and had a small beard that was lighter in some places.

"Oh!" she almost jumped, "Thank you! And you are?"

"Ori, at your service." he said and placed his hand over his chest and bowed.

"Well, thank you Ori."

"No problem Miss." he said while taking the food out of her arms.

"No need for the 'Miss', you can just call me Aezalia."

All Ori did was smile and gave her a curt bow before he strode off with the food. 'I don't know why Bilbo is acting like this?' she thought to herself, 'These dwarf folk are quite nice.'

"Aezalia!" Bilbo puffed at her side, "If one more dwarf walks through that door, I swear, it will be the last of me." As he finished that last statement a loud knock was heard on the door. "You've got to be joking!" Bilbo cried and went a little pale.

"I'll get the door." she reasured him, "You attend to your guests."

"But they're not-"

"Shoo, shoo." she said and pushed him away from the door. She rushed over to the round, green door and grabbed the brass doorknob that was right in the middle. She pulled the door inwards and there, on the doorstep, stood a very serious looking dwarf. "Good evening." she squeaked.

"Thorin Oakenshield, at your service." he said in a deep voice and bowed to her.

"Thank you Mr. Oakenshield, would you like to come inside?"

"Pardon me answering your question with a question but, do I have the right house?"

"Well," before she answered an arrow streaked across her face and hit the opposite wall, striking a crack that had formed there.

"Kili! You almost hit her!" Fili yelled at his brother and smacked the back of his head.

"Did not!" he yelled back.

"Did too!" he shouted.

"Does that answer your question?" she asked.

"I believe it does." he said, not taking his eyes off of the arrow.

"Would you like me to take your cloak-" she trailed off when she saw the large sword strapped to his side.

"Don't worry Miss." he said sensing her panic, "Swords are not harmful as long as they are kept in their sheath. Besides, I would never hurt someone as kind as you who is willing to take my cloak." he said jokingly.

When she did not say anything he laughed lightly and stepped inside the hobbit hole.

"Thorin!" everyone cheered.

'I wonder who this Thorin character is?' she wondered while closing the door.

"Miss Brandybuck, wait!" someone called. She opened the door and there stood Gandalf the Grey. "I see that you made it." he said while stepping inside.

"Mr. Gandalf, you have a lot of explaining to do." she scolded him. The only response she got out of him was a laugh. Before either of them could take a step inside Bilbo came bustling around the corner.

"Gandalf, you have-"

"A lot of explaining to do, I know." he cut off the hobbit and chuckled, "Don't worry my dear halflings, you will get your answers here shortly." and with that, and a bent back, he made his way into the hole with the dwarves.

"I'm afraid this is going to be a very long night." Bilbo sighed.

"Don't be like that Bilbo, these are actually nice folk."

"Yes, except for the two Fili and Kili. My home may not survive with those two."

"Well, you once told me that it would be great fun to go on an adventure. I say this counts as one."

"Yes, but this is not quite what I had in mind."

"Just give them all a chance before you judge them, they are quite nice."

"I just want to get them all out of here and go back to my organized life."

"Think of it this way Bilbo, if Gandalf and these dwarves had never come along I would not be standing here tonight."

Bilbo smiled and said, "I like to look at it that way." Just then, a small crash came from the kitchen and all the dwarves burst into uncontrollable laughter, Fili and Kili being the loudest, "What now?!"

----------Sorry I haven't updated in a while this book hasn't been in that high of demand so I was working on my other book. I'll try and update sooner on this book. Sorry for the wait. ~God Bless----------