Çhâ₱†êr ₣ôûr†êên

Çhâ₱†êr ₣ôûr†êên

"Gandalf, is it really necessary to stop at the House of the Pointed Ears?" Thorin asked the grey wizard.

"Yes Mister Oakenshield, I have a package I must deliver to Lord Elrond and Lady Galadriel." Gandalf replied and patted the sword that was wrapped up and strapped to his side.

"May we stay here while you go and council with the Elves?"

"My dear dwarf, I promise you, they will treat you as guests!"

"Very well," Thorin grumbled.

~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Kili?" Aezalia asked as they picked their way down the rocky path leading down to the forest below.

"Yes Miss Aezalia?" he replied and looked over his shoulder for only an instant.

"Why do you call the Elves the Pointed Ears?"

"Well you see, Elves have pointed ears," he said as if he were teaching a class full of children who had never heard of Elves.

"I know that," she cut him off, by that time they had almost reached the bottom of the path, "But why do you call them that instead of Elves."

Kili opened his mouth to say something and put his finger in the air as he had done before. But, he stood there with his mouth agape and thought hard, "Because it's an insult?" he said in a question form.

"But if it's an insult for Elves wouldn't it be an insult to hobbits as well?"

"Hobbits don't have pointed ea-" he began but she tucked her hair behind her ear to show the pointed tip. "Oi, Fili, come look at this! She has pointed ears too!"

Fili instantly dropped back and began to observe her other ear with great interest. They gave out 'ohs' and 'awes' as they touched her hobbit ears. She giggled at their foolishness and because it tickled a bit when they touched her ears.

"Why is it that we are the only ones, besides men, who don't have pointed ears?" Fili complained.

"I don't find this fair at all!" Kili agreed.

"Fili! Kili! Leave her ears alone and hurry up!" Thorin shouted.

"Yes Uncle." they replied in unison. But, Kili touched her ear one last time before he and his brother scurried to the front of the line with their uncle.

Aezalia looked back at Bilbo and her smile grew even wider when she saw his face; his cheeks were red with jealousy and she could see it in his eyes. She laughed lightly and dropped back so they walked side by side.

"There's no need to be jealous." she teased him.

"Why would you say that? I'm not jealous." he lied.

"Bilbo, your face gave it all away, you are not good at hiding your emotions. Besides, they're dwarves and I'm a hobbit, and I have you."

Bilbo's blush grew even redder when she said that and as she grasped his hand. Aezalia returned his smile and rested her head on his shoulder as they walked.

"Why were they looking at your ears anyways?" he asked out of curiosity. When he asked this Aezalia laughed once again and told him all that had happened.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I shall regret taking this next step for as long I shall live." Thorin muttered under his breathe as he stepped through the gateway to Rivendell.

Gandalf led the Company through the white Elven city that appeared deserted. No elf could be seen, nor any song could be heard. Aezalia and Bilbo stared in awe at the unearthly beauty of the buildings and the natural wonders within. Golden streams giggled as they rolled over perfectly smooth pebbles and rushed into the surrounding trees. Birds chirped songs of rest as the sun slowly began to sink in the sky. The roar of a waterfall could be heard in the distance and the spray freshened the air.

The Company crossed a paved bridge that rested above a bubbling stream. At the end of the bridge stood two statues of Elven guards of old. On the other side was a circular area with a stair case leading up to the main building. The dwarves spread out and took in their surroundings while Aezalia and Bilbo stood in awe at the sheer size of the city.

"Mithrandir." a voice called out from the stairs.

Aezalia gasped when she saw the elf; he wore brown robes that touched the ground. His brown hair was perfectly straight and flowed down his back and over his shoulders. A metal crown weaved itself around his head and disappeared into his hair. He had a pale, narrow face with eyes the same color as his robes.

"He's beautiful," Aezalia breathed as she stared at the creature before her, "And even that one word doesn't do him justice."

¥_________¥

"An Elf! Oh, how I do love the Elves!" a voice came from the open window.

"Samwise Gamgee, how long have you been eavesdropping outside my window?" Bilbo demanded. Even though his words were stern his face was full of surprise as a curly haired head popped into view. Frodo chuckled at his friend's foolishness for speaking so loudly; he also had a few leaves stuck in his hair from the flowers outside the window.

"I haven't been droppin' no eaves sir." the young hobbit, only just in his seventeenth year, replied, "But since you've asked, I've been here since you were talkin' about the dwarves messin' with Aezalia's ears."

"Sam," Bilbo sighed, "Would you like to come in?"

"Hey! Why does Sammy get to come in? What about us?" Merry asked as he too came into view.

"Yeah, I was going to say the same thing as Merry." Pippin said defiantly as he stood up.

"Sure you were Pip." Merry said as he looked at his friend.

"You two can come in as well I suppose." Bilbo sighed once again and waved them off.

"Yay!" all three of them cheered and disappeared from in front of the window.

"Where do you find these boys Frodo?" Bilbo asked.

"I can't really help that Merry is my cousin." Frodo smiled, "And Pippin is technically related to you."

"As much as I wish he wasn't." Bilbo said under his breathe.

"As for Samwise, I don't know how I stumbled upon him."

"What about me?" Sam asked as he strode into the room.

"Oh, nothing" Bilbo said quickly, "Where are the other two?"

"Oh we are clearly not wanted here Mr. Baggins." a voice called from the other room.

"Your presence is not wanted in my kitchen Meriadoc Brandybuck and Peregrin Took." Bilbo called. The hobbit smiled as he heard the two bickering about something and the slap of their feet on his hard wood floors. "Now," he said calmly when everyone was seated, "May I continue?"

"Yes sir," Pippin replied as he tried to slip a roll to Merry.

"Give me that!" Bilbo snatched the roll from his hands, "Empty your pockets, both of you."

The two hobbits slowly stood up and pulled five rolls each out of their pockets.

"Merry, your shirt." Bilbo said a tad bit annoyed. Merry sighed and drew out the seed cake he had tried to stash in his vest pocket. "This is going to be a long visit." Bilbo groaned.

----------Hey guys! Sorry this took so long. I had really bad writer's block and I was trying to finish my other story, "The Two Towers." But now I hate to say I have to take a small break because I have to write a story for my writing class by Friday and I'm not even close to being done. I will try to update sooner on this from now on! I want to also thank you for making this book #4 on The Hobbit list and #10 on the Bilbo Baggins list. Thank you all so much! ~God Bless----------