PART TWO a new home

PART TWO

Unexpected Experiences. 

~Colin’s POV~ 

Does it sound weird that, that I had this need to be by Raven We’d had not seen each other in over two years. My heart ured to see her to hug her to myself. The distant memory of her clinging to my chest that one night so long ago. The night I got to watch her sleep. Was the most amazing time or at least moment of my life I can think of. To watch her face facial features show her true feelings in the mist of night.  I was literally counting down the days till she would return to me. It felt a little wrong to have these feelings for a girl who was at least 8 years younger than me. 

But my feelings didn’t change for her no matter how many girls I’ve dated since then. My mine would always drift back to her. I go into the barn looking Schwartz in the eyes he nickered softly to me, I reach a hand out to pet his nose. He was one of my favorites here at the ranch. My brother was elsewhere today I suppose. Castiel appears around the corner carrying an english saddle. He puts the saddle on Schwartz whom is prancing around in a circle now knowing he’s going to the dirt track to warm up. For being a four year old, he was still filled with much spunk. And many breeders wanted to breed their mares with him. After he had won the triple crown. I let Castiel take him to the dirt track. I continue to check on the rest of the horses. I found Parie talking to his great granddaughter Amber who was riding on Chance, he was a well bred Tennessee walking horse. Amber had had a major attitude adjustment since her first year. Or she just doesn’t show her bossiness here either one. 

“Oh Hello Colin,” She calls batting her eyelashes. 

“Hello” I say with my deep voice.

I could easily see that my deep morning voice had made her shiver slightly. I was fighting the urge to roll my eyes at her as she brought Chance over to me so she could talk to me closer. I disliked that she was always trying to hook up with me. Seriously I didn’t like her before why would I now. Especially when she caused Raven harm in the beginning. I looked around for something to save me from her chatter.

“So do you have this saturday off?” She asked “If you do you should get you and your brother to hang out with me and my friends.” She commented slyly

“Well, I do infact have something to do that day, I have to teach Gretta and Excaliburs daughter the dance routine that Raven sent over during spring break for the olympics.” 

She got flustered as she huffed heading back over to Parie with a temper. I was really surprised how Parie puts up with so many grandchildren and great grandchildren that just want the money and slightly care about the horses. Each horse here could easily come in for a million dollars because of their perfect breeding. It was also all wrote down in a books for each of the breeds. I turn back to the breeding barn where some were being bred I don’t even glance over. I go straight to the birthing stables. I peek my head in for a minute, seeing Fae with a mare that had been in labor since last night. The vet had just arrived to help, I asked if they needed any help.

“Nope Colin we’ve got this covered.” Fae smiled her gray bangs danced in front of her face. 

“Alright then I’ll be heading back to the house.” I frown

“Okay sweetie, Only three more weeks till Raven comes back.” She adds with a bright smile.

“I can’t wait to see her myself.” I smile with a wink

I can hear her laughing softly as I leave. The crunch of small rock and dirt is under my shoes. I look down briefly wondering what I should tell her first when she comes back. What if she’s still depressed about the death. Or if she finally given up on the past and is moving forward. Either way I just pray that she had the same feelings for me as I did for her. 

~Raven’s POV~

I was finishing up my school work I was really trying to finish a year’s worth of work in three weeks. I was still sick, and overworking yourself is no good either. Sheila had managed a great feat of opening a portal between the anime world and ours inside the dollhouse or aka the replica of mine. Soon Itachi was the only one left that hadn’t left yet. He helped me with my work, most of it was paper base and having to submit stuff online. I could say he reminded me more and more of Colin by the second now a days. I wondered how he and his brother were doing. I felt bad for holding them back from their careers by taking care of the ranch for me for the two years I had to finish here. 

Another week has past and I’ve finished half of the work Large bags had formed under my eyes, I fought sleep with iron will of steel. I only had 1/4 left to get my fourth year completely finished. Then I could return to the Ranch full time and no longer have to worry about school work. My mom was slightly worried when she had moved back to the ranch. I had told her to go before me in the Granny mobile with most of our belongings. I had two friends that would look after the house after I had left Jake and Trenton would deeply thank me after I’d moved out. Itachi paused me placing a hand on the paper I had been scribing on.

“Raven, I know you have feelings for me, But I read your Journal on the houseboat the one of your first trip to this state place called California. It seems like that even my feelings back for you will go unheeded when you have people that need you to return to take over a family business and I can understand that we were just not meant to be together.” He says sadly.

“I know, I’ve got to much on my plate anyways for me to worry about relationships at the moment.” I say matter-of-factly. 

“If you can understand then I guess I can go now, Do try to visit if you can,” He ends with a frown but smiles “Hopefully you’ll visit full size and not doll size.” He joked.

“Touche” I laugh brightly with a smile. 

I hit send on my last paper only three days later I pack the dollhouse into my truck. Hooking up the old truck to the rickety boat. I turn the key in the ignition. My friends Jake and Trenton are waving their hands goodbye at me. I smile nodding as I put it into first gear then second. And soon the countryside was blurring behind me in to a blurred art piece. I hummed to some old songs dad and I would sing during our long road trips. Four days to go to reach my new home. Every mile seemed like another mile from my old home, it was tearing out the old miserable me and molding a new me. 

I go into a gas station filling the gas tank up was the only break in the ever known silence. I tap my fingers against the steering wheel turning to face the back checking on the boat. I glance at the clock then to the setting sun before I pull into the rest stop. I sleep in the truck not daring to get out leaving the boat unprotected. Shadow curled up with her firstborn Buck in the truck bed. I smile brightly seeing them sleep so peacefully Haven lands on my mirror before I finally go to sleep.

Haven squawks loudly pecking on my window waking me up at 5:30 in the morning I turn the ignition the engine roaring to life once more. She hops off the mirror into the air flying high above us. Until I finally get back on the interstate where she lands in the truck bed with the still fast asleep dogs. Three days left to get there in record time. If I pulled an all nighter tonight I’d make it in two days. 

I scurry making up for lost time before going the exact speed limit. The days morf together and soon I’m in the extremely long driveway to the Ranch. I turn to face the sheer peaks as I reach the opening of the valley. My dogs bark happily as I slowly back the boat into the newly graveled path where the boat may sit for the rest of its days being an eye candy for me just a reminder of how to act at all times. 

I see Colin waiting outside the ranch house, Inside my brain I’m smacking myself, I can’t think like that he’s older than I by eight years, Oh but he looks so good in those slacks and dress shirt. I’d might do anything to be by his side any time of day. What am I saying it must be because I’m sleep deprived. His hair looks so amazing against his handsome chin. Smacks self mentally.