Sorrow filled memories

***Again informing you all I do not own naruto****

~Time skip~

After everyone was settled in we were chatting on the roof of the houseboat talking about our past events, eating birthday cake and homemade ice cream. We talked about the sad events and the joyful times. Then the table started to fill up with presents, I smiled as I left Aunty’s for last. I picked up the one Andy and Caleb had gotten me. My fingers pressed against the comic newspaper wrapping paper. I gently ripped the package open, it revealed a scrapbook of the time we had gone fishing together and caught so many fish we had a fish fry that lasted a two days. There were pictures of all of us at Andy’s house, I was at the stove deep frying the fish and cooking catfish in the stirfry pan. I had the ‘shut up and fish’ hat that was my father’s on my head turned backwards. It was holding my long hair back, I smile brightly passing it around for my other friends to see the hilarious pictures. 

The next present was from Sheila and Carmen. It was a medium sized box out of the stack. I cut the package open. It revealed some training gear. I picked up what Carmen called the Universal weapon into my fingertips. Sheila came up beside me and showed me how to hold it, also showing me how to feed my inner power into it to make it work. I concentrated thinking of a training staff. In the blink of an eye it there was a staff in my fingertips. I was amazed. I think about it being back to its normal metal cylinder. When I open my eyes the staff sides are gone and the metal in my fingers was cold to my touch. I set it back into the box. Inside was a long sleeved shirt, pants, a full body suit, as well as, and dual blade sword.

“Thank you Sheila and Carmen for this, I’ll try to work extra hard in training.” I smiled.

“You’re welcome.” They both said in unison.

The next was from my crazy Aunt May who’s been living in the wilderness as long as I can remember. The box was covered in moss. I giggle as I peel the moss away from the opening to the wooden box. Inside was a bow, string, and arrows. The Bow that I always used when I visited her when we went hunting. 

The last present was from Aunty, I pause because she said that this present was made by mom, dad, and her. My fingers start to shake with nervousness. I slice the decorative paper with my longest fingernail down the right side. Underneath was a large scrapbook filled with all the family moments from my birth up to my senior year in high school. My fingers spread out on the title of the scrapbook. My name in gold letters against a black background, I was left speechless when I was looking down at this large scrapbook. Everyone was waiting for me to open it and then pass it around. Inside I was shaking with a mix of happy and depressed tears. My face held this longing look on my once smiling face.

I traced the each of the letters with a single finger. “Raven Al Hawkins” I smile faintly as I felt the cover texture in my fingertips. I gently lifted the top revealing the three inch binder. There was a letter with my name on it in bright red ink. I picked it up slowly. My father’s handwriting, I inhaled sharply as the letter wavered a little in my hands. I passed the scrapbook to my friends to look through it as I tried to muster up my strength to open this thick letter envelope. I was so afraid that the words in this letter would shake me up so bad that I would be thrown into a depression again. 

I finally gathered the courage to open the letter, I started to read it aloud to my friends.

“Dear, Raven

My Little sawdust bunny, My Clappy, My Daddy’s girl. You are my sunshine, my light in the night, the perfect gift from god. I love you more than the moon and the stars, more than you ever know at least until you have kids of your own. I know that you would be teary eyed by this point, But I wanted to be the first one to tell you how much you mean to me. I know that you are a full fledge adult now, and I’m very proud of you---” My voice started to crack a little, Taking a shaking breath stabilizing my voice. “I remember when you would follow me to the wood shop and play in the saw dust, tossing it up into the air as if it were snow, when you were very little that is. When you grew a few years older you were helping me in the shop making the cabinets with me. I loved how you would help plant the family garden since you could walk. Every time I caught you out in that garden lot you had dirt caked on your cheeks and sweet dripping down your forehead as you worked long and hard on the Beanstock rainforest, or clearing the weeds out of the rows. You make me so proud so Very proud. I remember the first year we entered 4-H, how happy you were to test your skills against other kids in the area with your woodworking and gardening. I was just as happy as you were when we saw the ribbon going to state. I was so proud and happy to be your father forever and ever I will always be. I know that times from here on out will get harder for you. I know that you are a girl that can change quick enough to survive in any environment your dropped in example college. I pray that you will find love whenever you are ready just know that your mother and I are always ready for grandkids :p. You already know that your Mother and I are getting on up there in age so we might not live long enough to see grandchildren, but even so, don’t rush yourself. Love will find you in time it always does. I pray that you will find the perfect place to where you fit into. Oh and about Fishing, Clappy if I die tomorrow or ten years from now, and if we still have that fixer upper boat you can chose its fate, if you sell it or keep it thats fine to me. I hope that you will love and share this Scrapbook to your friends (possible spouse) whenever you can.