finally the end of the longest flash back

~Next Day~

Were back on the racetrack, Carmen and my friends have come to witness this great feat of mine. Schwartz prances to the starting line where Excalibur was acting skittish waiting for the bell to go off. As soon as the bell goes off They both start galloping at astounding rates. I ease into Schwartz allowing him more neck room. I raised myself a little higher in the saddle. my eyes narrowed in front of us. He increased his speed when Excalibur got nearer to us. We were neck and neck I could see them from the corner of my vision. The constant blur, the churning of dirt flicking back behind his speeding hoofs. I could feel that he could sense the competition for the winner spot. His ears flickered back waiting for a a command. 

“Lets beat them silly and prove that I can be just as good as any well trained jockey.” I encouraged the horse.   

His eyes flicker forward and one to the side where Excalibur was increasing his speed at the power of a small whip. I inch forward patting his muscular neck. He increased his speed his step was rather quick to jump into another gear. Soon Excalibur was left eating his dirt as we passed the last turn. He seemed to just get faster and faster. I couldn’t keep up with him anymore I let my mind drift far behind us until he had slowed down passing the finish line long ago. My vision disappeared for a few split seconds before. I turned my head behind our passed turf. Excalibur was obviously angry that he hadn’t won the friendly competition.  I was slightly afraid that If I got out of the saddle that my legs would give way from my body. Colin and Carter appear bringing another horse beside Schwartz calming him down as they walked Colin took his lead reins helping me get down. 

I felt the soft dirt under my feet, Schwartz looked back at me calmly nudging me forward. I giggle as I follow his demands, I was now standing in front of him when Parie, Castiel, and Excalibur appeared on the other side.

“I Just need to know the proper way of sitting on the horses back thats all. and how to keep my brain functioning. Because every time on the last stretch I just let my brain go empty and let him go as hard as he wants to run.” I shrug my shoulders. 

“Tomorrow we’ll see how much faster he’ll run with a well skilled jockey on his back.” Parie turned to Castiel, “You can reshoe him with aluminum shoes tonight.” 

“Yes sir,” Castiel nods his red locks floating in front of his distant eyes.

“Raven tomorrow we will pick out a jockey of your choice.”

“Sir, I’d rather have Castiel ride him as a jockey if I’m not skilled enough.” I add a little skittish.

Castiel looked up at me slightly astonished, I’m shrugging my shoulders, Schwartz nudges Castiel trustingly on his right shoulder. 

“See even he agrees.” I add with a bright laugh. 

~time skip~

This settled some of the problems now I could focus on my outburst even though summer for these people had begun I was still in somewhat trouble. I had started my online classes, I was progressing rather well for my first year of college. Though I wish there weren’t so many essays. The days ticked down for the race, which was on my birthday this year. I smile at the thought of getting to put on a fancy dress for such an occasion but I’d prefer jeans any day of the week. I tap my pencil on the paper before me thinking of the events that were sure to happen to me this year. 

I stand up looking at the clock. I wince at the resonating sound of my back popping for eight joints in a row within my back. Sudden relief followed so a smile replaced the frown in a matter of seconds. I look over at Shadow she looked as if she was getting fatter recently. My Aunt Fae said she’s about as big as a pregnant dog. But she still had all that spunk within her. Aunt Fae Said she should stay at the ranch whenever we could put a date to the birth if it was a birth. But I was thinking that Colin and Carter were giving her too many treats. Colin knocked on my door.