Birthday on the Houseboat

When we got there some of my friends had arrived a large bit early. But Sheila had invited some other people that I didn’t know but would like to meet people. And those wouldn’t get here till much later than 3 in the afternoon. I parked the Granny mobile in the back parking lot grabbing my bag from the back. The girls were smart enough to go ahead while we were at walmart to buy a change of clothes. Even though there was a washing machine on the Houseboat. I locked the Granny mobile snuggly, and auto theft proof my steering wheel with a bar. :P.

Then we slowly made our way my best friends Caleb, and Andy met me halfway. They introduced themselves to the new people. Then asked me how I had been doing this year.

“I’ve been doing great, how about you two what have you two been doing? Stirring up trouble?” I questioned 

“Nope” they popped the P. 

I laughed softly as we finally reached the loading ramp, we walked down the wooden dock to the other docks nearby. My boat was docked beside Sheila’s yacht all summer long now that is. I only took the boat out to wash it down prior to my birthday weekend. Like the weekend before. Caleb and Andy linked arms with me as we laughed about a high school memory. I remembered the fishing trip the three of us took to honor my father. We caught so many fish during that trip it was fanimonal. I jump into the boat inviting my small group. Caleb and Andy offered to ride on the inside of the Red Rocket so there was room for the others. I smiled thanking them. I untied the boat after I had started the engine, I pushed us off with my foot. After we were heading towards the end of the wake free zone. I made Sasuke pull the motor housing off the motor for a few minutes. I watched and listened to the motor as it hummed I check the transmission fluid. 

Once I was content with the double check, I slowly pushed the old boat into a faster gear. I stood up so I could see in front of me the door to the cabin was wide open, but, I would rather stand and see above the cabin, than sit and peer through the curtains. The wind whipped my hair too and for I slid on my sunglasses, as the glare of the sun came up from the water. The smooth water was my playground as the boat smoothly went up another speed. The hum of the engine was like home to me. It awakes so many distant memories from the times spent out here with Father and I. A smile plays at my lips the first mate n                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      ame of Clappy that would be me. My mind playing tricks on me as if my father was calling me out to get the fishing poles ready and baited. I knew that it was my mind playing tricks because I wouldn’t be the one driving the boat if it was. I was struggling now to keep my cool at the moment but I was doing great for now.

I slowed the boat down to enter the private cove. The large house boat was looming over our small vesicle, and Carmen was waving happily at us as I cut the engine off jumping up to the front of the boat catching us before we would coast into the side of the house boat. With my hands I slowly maneuvered the boat to the entrance of the house boat, letting the people riding off. I pulled up my hair as I pushed off the houseboat and stationed my boat onto the floating station. ITs sort of like a plastic support that you tie the boat to so it stays in one place. Its supports the boat letting the prop hang off the edge of the plastic mat. Its attached to the land. I stood up at the bow of the boat waiting for the mat to gently hit land. so I could tie it down. I jumped off the end landing softly in the soggy edge of gravel mud. I grabbed one edge of the plastic and looped the rope through the stake in the ground level to it. 

I pulled the back tighter onto my shoulders as I walked along the edge of the water of the lake to the other dock where the houseboat was at. I could hear my friend’s string instruments being played inside already. I smirk as I set my bag into the wolfs den it was pitch black and soundproof in and out. I always had to have complete silence to sleep in a different place than home. The sound maker would be a fan. I pulled out the present Aunty had gotten me, placing it underneath my arm. I looked up to see my little fish tank. My prized tank that would have held my bait fish as father and I would wait the night out sometimes in the houseboat. I shut the light off as I jump the three steps. I slid the door open stepping outside. I walked through the narrow hallway. 

“This place is amazing, you are so strange, with so many different skills.” A monotone voice behind me commented. 

I jumped in surprise for a second before it registered in my mind who it was who could have said it. I glanced over my shoulder to see Itachi watching me with amusement. 

“Thank you, This is Aunt's houseboat. My highschool friends Caleb and Andy are the only ones who’ve been on here before though. Try to make yourself as comfy as possible we will be here all weekend.”