Tea Time with Adam

-Adam's POV-

As I was walking over to the house next to mine, I heard a girl shouting and a guy shouting back. I quickly ducked behind the bushes that separated our yards.

"You know what?! I'm fucking done, I hope you have a nice fucking life." I peeked through the bushes and I saw a guy barging out of the house.

"Kevin! Please come back inside." My gaze turned back to the front door where a girl with black and red hair was standing. She had tears in her eyes and it looked like she was holding her arm like it was injured.

I watched as the guy got into the car and sped off down the road. I heard whimpering and crying coming from the front door, but it was closed and the girl must have went inside. So I slowly got up and walked towards the door.

The picture frame felt like a bag of bricks in my hand as I walked up the three, small steps to her front porch. Hesitating for only a few seconds, I lifted my hand and knocked on the door.

The door flew opened, "Kevin I swear if... Oh it's you." She mumbled the last part.

"Yeah, it's me, Adam from next door. I heard the yelling and I wanted to know if everything was okay?" She sighed shaking her head as she wiped her eyes with her sleeves of her long shirt.

"No everything is fine." I could tell by the way she played with her finger nails that she was lying.

"I know that everything is not fine." I wanted so badly to pull her into my arms, but I know that it wouldn't be a good idea.

"Why don't you come inside? It looks like it about to rain." She suggested as she stepped aside and allowed me to enter.

"Thank you." I gave her a small smile as I stepped inside.

"So what is up with the white hair?" She asked as she made us some tea.

I shrugged my shoulders, "It was an accident actually. I tried to get the blonde out of my hair by dying it again, but I left the dye in too long. So this was the result." I gestured to my white, silverish hair.

"Wait you had blonde in your hair?" She asked, not turning to face me but I heard something in her voice that made my heart speed up.

"Yeah I had black hair with blonde tips, but after a few years you get tired of looking at the same color so you dye it." I said, as I sat at the table.

"Do you want two sugars or just one?" She asked as she grabbed two packets for herself, but hesitating waiting for my answer.

"Just one is fine, thank you." I said and she poured a packet of sugar into the tea and handed it to me.

"Thanks." I said, giving her a small smile as I took the hot mug from her hands.

"Your welcome. So are you new around here? I haven't seen anyone in the house next to me since I got here a year ago."

I shook my head as I took the spoon out of the cup and took a small sip, "No I've lived here since I was 18. My friends, Tommy and I just came back from doing a worldwide tour."

She nodded as she took a sip of her tea, "That's cool, so are you a singer then?"

"Yeah I am, I also write a lot of my own songs as well. What do you do?" I asked, trying to turn the conversation towards her because I really want to know why I am so drawn to her.

"I love to read books and I want to be a writer someday." She said, bowing her head as she tried to his the slight blush that came on her face.

"That's so cool, what was the last book that you read that you really liked?"

"Its called the City of Bones, its about this shadowhunter that falls in love with a human and man, its amazing you should totally read it sometime." Her answer made me choke on my tea.

"Oh god, are you okay?" She asked, as I continued to have a coughing fit.

"Yeah... I'm fine, don't... worry." I said through the coughs, finally after a minute or two the coughing went away.

I took a deep breath to steady myself, "Are you sure you're okay?" She asked.

"Yes, i'm good now. I'm sorry just your answer took me by surprise that's all."

She looked at me confused, so I decided to elaborate, "When I was in New York a year ago, I met this beautiful girl who worked at a book store and that's where I purchased that book, The City of Bones from."

"Oh." Was all she said but I saw something in sparkle in her eyes, but in the next blink it was gone.

We talked for what felt hours, I gave her back her picture that she left at my house, but she didn't say anything about that picture. Also I found out that she was in an accident that caused her to lose her memory. My heart sank when she told me this. When I looked at the clock, it was 10 o'clock at night.

"Oh, where in the world did the time go?" I mumbled as I got up and placed my empty glass in the sink.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know where the time went. I'm sure you have to get home. Well it was nice talking with you, Adam." She said with a smile, as she held opened the door.

"Yeah it was nice, but out of all of that I never did catch your name."

"My name is Leah, Leah Montgomery." My heart soared as I shook her hand and I smiled down at her.

"Pleasure of meeting you, Leah. Maybe we could hang out someday." I took out a piece of paper and slid it into her hand.

She smiled up at me and put the piece of paper into her jean pocket, "I would like that."

"Have a nice night, Leah." I wanted to pull her into a hug, but I didn't want to step that boundary. So I just gave her a nod and was off on my way.

-Leah's POV-

As I went up to my room, I found out that Kevin took all of his stuff and I felt the tears start to resurface. I found out that he has been cheating on me for over a month and he thought that I was over Adam and Tommy's house because I liked Tommy or Adam or something. I tried to explain to him that I didn't like Adam or Tommy and that I loved him, but he didn't want to hear it. So he decided to leave me.

I felt something poke me as I sat down on my bed and I took that piece of paper out of my pocket.

I can't wait t see you again. Please call me or text me if you need anything.

Love,

A.L

At the end of the note, I realized that he put his number. But something about this note, seemed familiar. I just couldn't place it.

As I got ready for bed, I looked at the note again and I decided to put it in my phone. As I put the contact in the iMessage, I realized that I had the number already. It was under the contact, Adam Lambert.

Feeling creeped out, I locked my phone and decided to go to sleep.

That night I dreamt of this guy with back hair with blonde spikes, a brown cardigan, faded jeans and brown boots and he was reading the City of Bones in a small book store.