Looks, Letters and Sentiments

Emily Thorne is looking out across the ocean. The icy blue waves crash against each other as they roll in. She looks over at Daniel Grayson, standing on his mother's balcony,  looking back at her. He smiles, and they are looking at each other, yet their eyes do not meet. Daniel is still entranced by his own thoughts.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Thirty Minutes Earlier:

 After being on his mother's balcony for well over an hour, Daniel goes inside. He doesn’t want to leave Emily all alone in the cold, but the anxiety he had over not knowing what was in the letter was eating away at him. He looked at her one last time, smiled at her, and then went  back inside, and out to his room in the pool house.

 He went into the pool house. A room that still reeked of the slutinessand desperation of his former girlfriend. He splayed himself onto his bed and opened the letter. The letter was dated two days after their break-up.

 What he read then made him simultaneously hate Ashley and love Emily more- if either of them were even possible.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Daniel,

 I know that you are mad at me. You have every right to be. I know that you will probably never forgive me. I know that you will probably never look at me the same way again. The way you used to.

 I'm sorry about what happened with Jack. Words can not describe how sorry I am for much I hurt you. How much I betrayed you. I can only imagine what it would have meant to you. That even I'm not a pure. Just another person who betrayed you.

 That is all that happened between me and Jack. One kiss- that was it.

 You probably don't believe me though.

 We're not together. You probably don't believe this, but he's with Amanda. Clarke. She's returned. She's pregnant. With Jack's child.

 So no matter what you think, nothing has happened with me and Jack, nor will anything happen.

 I love you, and I miss you.

 I know I don't deserve another chance. I broke our one rule- no secrets.

 But here I am anyway, asking for another chance. I'm not asking for you to forgive me, just to talk to me..

 If you accept my offer, then meet me at Sandhill Tides, on next Thursday, 22nd December.

 If you don't come, then I take the hint and I will leave you alone forever.

 I hope you come, but it is your choice.

 Love always, Emily <3

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Daniel could not believe Ashley. Could not believe that she would keep something like that from  him. Even though she hadn't opened it, she  had still kept it from him.

 Emotions could not describe his feelings at what Emily had said. Overjoyed wasn't right. Sad was definitely wrong. It was a complicated emotion- somewhere between shock and awestruck. Definite anger at Ashley though.

 He knew he had to head straight back up to Victoria's balcony. He had to see her again.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Emily hadn't known why Daniel left. She just saw him kind of disappear. She didn't know why, she only knew that it felt so much colder with him gone. After the full-on day that she had had, the world felt so alone. She was alone for about an hour, and then she saw him emerge again.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present Day:

 He came out onto the balcony. They looked at each other. This time, their eyes crossed, and they gazed into each others eyes for a while, not breaking the gaze. Their looks were a cross between loving and 'I miss you'. They do not need words to express their emotions, everything can be said in their eyes, and their faces.

 Emily turns her back against the pier, so she can face him properly. He smiles.

 The wind chose that moment to pick up. Daniel also chose that moment to blink and break the gaze.

 He took his eyes off her for one second, but it was one second too long.

 By the time he looked back, she had disappeared, and he heard a crash, followed by the breaking of waves.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 A/N:

 I am so incredibly sorry that this took so long. I know that this is kind of short, but it is 700 words, and I didn't know what else to put, and I really wanted to update. Again, I'm really sorry, but I'm back now, and I plan to never go away for that long again. This is dedicated to @Revengenda for giving me a couple of ideas to help with this story. Hope all you US revengers enjoyed the final. If you spoil any of it for me, I WILL KILL YOU. If you think I'm lying, just ask @OUAT_SNOW

 Hope you enjoy this update. Vote, Comment, Follow.

 Revenger out~