The Fight

Daniel stormed into the poolhouse, dragging Ashley behind him. He spun around to face her.

'Ashley? What the hell was Emily talking about?'

'Uh.....' She replies, nervously. She doesn't like where this is headed.

'Ashley! You know something, don't you? Oh my gosh. I can't believe it.'

'Daniel, it's not what you think.'

'Oh, then what is it exactly then, huh? What is Emily talking about? Where is it? What did you do with it? God, Ashley, do you have any idea how many questions I have for you? You better start talking. Right now.'

Ashley is nearly in tears by this point. She walks over to her side of the bed, where her bedside table is situated. She fumbles around the bottom, looking for it. It's not an easy task to do, especially when her tears are covering her eyes, nearly blinding her.

'He-ere.' She says as she holds the letter out in her shakey hands and arms.

'Why would you keep this from me? Why would you keep secrets from me?' Why, Ashley, why?' Daniel is almost demanding by this point, yelling. It is questionable whether the party guests can hear their 'discussion.'

'Be- because I didn't think it mattered. Daniel, you were broken. She broke you, and I fixed you. She left your heart in a million pieces, and I picked them up and put them together. When you got her card for Charlotte, you burnt it. Okay, you burnt it. You were clearly broken. You wanna know why I didn't show you the letter? Emily Thorne does not deserve you. I didn't think it mattered. I kept on to it, because I was hoping that I was right. Because I was hoping that this didn't matter to you. But I guess I was wrong.'

'It's not up to you to make that decision for me, Ashley. It's my choice to make that decision, not yours. Mine. You know what, maybe you're right. Maybe you're not. But it's not up to you to make that decision.'

'Daniel.'

'Don't Daniel me. Get the hell out of my house.'

'But Daniel...'

'No. You more than anyone should know how I feel out about secrets. Get your stuff out of my house and leave.'

'Daniel...'

'Ashley. Leave. Now.'

And with that, Ashley turns back into the room to pack her bag, while Daniel makes his way to one of his favourite places, the cellar.

-------------------------------------

After running away from Daniel and Ashley, Emily Thorne went straight home, Nolan accompanying her.

Emily's plan went perfectly, yet she didn't feel satisfaction as she usually did.

However, what she was feeling was far from guilt as well.

She wasn't feeling anger either.

She was feeling heartbreak.

Heartbreak at seeing Ashley and Daniel together.

Heartbreak that Ashley would bettay her like that (even though it was something that she had assumed.)

But mostly, heartbreak that Daniel had moved on and was probably celebrating his and Ashley's anniversary, while she was at her house, crying with Nolan sitting next to her on the couch.

Nolan was great, he really was. He understood her. He was always there for her. But he was like a brother to her. He wasn't Daniel.

-------------------------------------

Daniel was in his office drinking all alone. It was still bright outside, probably not even 4pm, but all that was irrelevant to Daniel.

His father had once taught him that you can always have a drink, because somewhere in the world it is 5 o'clock.

This was definitely one of the occasions where he needs a drink.

He feels the letter in his hand, but he's not in the mood to read it now. He's too busy blaming himself for everything that's wrong with the world.

When you're drinking, night closes in rather quickly. Before he realises it, it's drawing to 6.30. He heads out to his mother's balcony, so he can stare at her.

If he's being truthful, he is actually kind of glad about Ashley. The truth was, their relationship was never going to go anywhere. He just needed an excuse to end it.

He walks out to the balcony, still clutching the letter, and looks over at the beach house, but Emily isn't there. She is standing out on the pier, holding something in her arms. Daniel can't make out what it is though.

He looks at her, and smiles. Emily chooses this moment to turn around to face him. Their eyes interlock and they just gaze into each other's eyes. They may be at opposite ends of the beach, but that is irrelevant.

Emily is glad to see Daniel. His smile brings her joy. After a while, she looks back out at the ocean, still clutching onto the item in her hand- their engagement party invitation. The Fire and Ice Ball.

And even though she knows that Daniel probably can't see it, she has a feeling that he has thought the same thing. That somehow, they will return to being the people they once were.

And it's true. He's holding on to his own sense of hope- the unopened letter which will be opened very shortly.

They both clutch onto their items- the letter and the invitation. Clinging on to their sense of hope, not daring to let go. Holding on to their future. Hoping.

-------------------------------------

Ashley travels light. All of her belongings fit in one small brown duffel bag.

As she reluctantly makes her exit, she spots the queen who gives her one of her evil smiles.

With one last look at Grayson Manor, Ashley Davenport leaves. But whether it's for good or not, that's a different story.

-------------------------------------

A/N: they have broken up!! YAY!! I was going to do the Ashley/ Conrad thing but i mean, originality. The letter actually wasn't my idea. I found it in a story I read on fanfiction, so if you think it sounds familiar, I love your story! Vote, Comment, Fan!

Revenger out