A revelation

As she came back from her early morning swim on the beach, Emily Thorne was annoyed to find Nolan Ross standing outside her house. He was like a puppy dog. He never seemed to go away. Not that she really wanted him to, she wouldn't have been half as successful in avenging her father, not that she would ever admit that to him. It would just be nice to get some privacy sometimes.

'What do you want, Nolan'

'Wow seems like some revenger woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?'

'Nolan, what are you doing here.'

For the first time ever, Nolan knows something that Emily Thorne does not. Although he wants to use this to his advantage, he wants Ems to admit it herself. He had known since day one of 'Emily Thorne' arriving back in the Hamptons that Jack Porter had a thing for her. Even though Jack didn't recognise her as the girl he played fetch with Sammy on the beach, there was evidently a connection that he felt to her. Nolan called it fate.

'Nolan, answer me right now or I swear to God, I will make sure you shut up for good.'' Whilst Emily Thorne was very good at masking her anger and emotions, there were times when she completely lost it. Now, Nolan was really getting on her last nerve.

Nolan could see the anger boiling in Emiy's eyes. He knew that she tried to mask it, but on occasion she let it slip. He realised that he had to cut straight to the point. 'You know, you never told me what happened between you and Danny-boy.'

Emily started to get suspicious. This can't just have happened all of a sudden. 'I told you, we ended things.'

'Yeah, I know that, but why.'

'What can I say, I thought I had finished with revenge. Like you said yourself, the Grayson family was more or less decimated, my father was about to be exonerated, and I got even with the white- haired man. You know all that, so what do you really want?'

'There's more to the story than that, isn't there. We both know that you will never be finished avenging your father's death, well at least it will take you longer than a year. And despite what we will both admit, there is definitely something between you and Grayson.' Nolan used Jack's name for Daniel, knowing that she was smart enough to catch on eventually. 'So why would you end that so easily. Danny loved you. He was your ultimate access to vengeance. So now why would you throw that all away.' As Nolan said this, he found his elbow leaning on Emily's counter, just for the added effect. He could tell he was really getting to her.

'Just cut to it, Nolan. What do you want me to say?'

'How about the truth, for once? You can trust me. Why did you break off the engagement?'

Emily was torn between the truth and a lie. She knew that if she told him the truth, he would never leave her alone. But he was right. He deserved the truth, after everything he'd done for her. And despite what she liked to admit, she missed Daniel. Those sexy- toned abs, those gorgeous brown eyes and despite what he had begun to turn into, his caring and protecting nature. He knew that she hated his family so he offered her an escape on the night of their engagement party. But she blew it, for revenge. And it had cost her Daniel turning into a Grayson.

But he was with Ashley now. And as much as she had begun to despise Ash, she wouldn't break that up. She would not turn into Tyler.

'He was turning into a Grayson.'

'Thats not the full story though, is it? We were on the phone, you were yelling at me for texting you the wrong address and suddenly, the line went dead. What happened?'

Emily took a deep breath in. She was leading with the truth option. 'I found Sammy on my porch. He was just lying there. I had to call Jack.'

'And then what happened between you and Jack?'

'Sammy died, Nolan. Jack and I buried him.'

'And then you and Jack'

'-Yes. It was in front of my fireplace, Jack and I were crying, and then my childhood took over.'Emily replied, cutting him short. 'We kissed.'

'Wow Ems, that is huge. How come you didn't tell me? But then I guess you didn't need to. After all, word does travel in the Hamptons.'

'Wait, what? You knew. Who told you? Who could have found out about this?'

'Well I had an interesting conversation with Ashley Davenport last week at the polo match.'

'I don't believe that Daniel told Ashley. I don't understand why he would do this.'

'Well you're right there. Daniel didn't tell Ashley. In fact the opposite rather.'

'Ashley told Daniel. She's the one who broke off our engagement. Wait, how did she know?'

'Can I advise you to close the curtains. You never know what secrets you might let out.'

'I don't believe this.'

'What are you going to do now?'

'Make the punishment fit the crime. Ashley turned Daniel against me. So now I'm going to turn Daniel against her.'

'But why? I thought you were over Grayson.'

'So did I.'