THE LETTER

Emily Thorne and Daniel Grayson slowly open the envelope.

'Ah, Daniel do you want me to leave. Ah y'know, so you can have a little privacy.' Emily asks.

'Don't be ridiculous. It's addressed to both of us. We'll read it together.'

'Right,' Emily says, in agreement.

So they open it.

The first thing that they notice is Charlotte's beautiful penmanship. Swirly, elegant, writing appears before them in a metallic purple pen.

They begin to read it. Emily reading it aloud, with Daniel looking lovingly over her shoulder.

-------------------------------------

~Dear Daniel and Emily,

By the time you see this, I will probably be in a coma again. It's true, I did overdose, again. But don't blame the doctors, if it's anyone's fault, it's yours, but don't go blaming yourselves. I don't want you to end up here, like me.

The fact that you are both reading this, (together I hope) means that this has worked.

You two belong together. You shouldn't have split up. It was a mistake. And the sooner you face that, the better.

I don't know why you split up, you both say that you are changing, but I'm sure that's a lie. You just don't want to face what really happened.

There is clearly love between you two, which you don't want to show. Because you are scared. Scared of not being loved by the other, when the truth is, you both have exactly the same feelings, which you are too scared to admit.

I know that you both love each other. I can see it. Daniel, you're my brother. Emily, you're like a sister to me. You almost were my sister. And if life happens as it should, you will be my sister.

I care about you both. Daniel, you've never been as happy with anyone else, as you are with Emily. Emily, I haven't known you for very long, but the way you slot into our lives so perfectly, is evidence enough. Plus, I heard you at the hospital. I could see the way your voice tremored and shook, it was evidence enough.

You both told me that you loved the other. But you are having a hard time admitting it to the other, and not just that. You're having a hard time confessing the truth, even to yourself.

So, in answer to the question why I wrote this note, and why I overdosed. You two are like my family. I don't want you to make the same mistakes I did in love. Make the most of your opportunities together.

So yes, I did overdose. And I did it for you. To show you that I am willing to die for you to stay together.

Stay strong. You two are two of the most important people in my life. Regrets suck. Make the most out of life.

Love from Charlotte Grayson~

-------------------------------------

Emily reads the entire letter, aloud, no pauses and doesn't stop until she has finished.

Once she has finished, the room is dead silent.

Emily then turns around to face Daniel and they just stare at each other.

No words are spoken.

-------------------------------------

Five minutes later, still no words have been spoken. They just gaze into each other's eyes.

Then Steph pops in.

'Daniel, there's a call for you incoming on line 3.'

'Thanks, Steph. I'm on it.'

Daniel presses the buzzer to receive the call. The phone is on speaker phone.

'Hello?'

'Surprise baby! I miss you'

Emily looks away. She can't stand hearing that bitch's voice.

Daniel wished that it wasn't on speaker phone. He wished that Ashley didn't call. But he can't make it obvious that Emily is here. He didn't want Ashley to go after Emily.

'Uh hi. What are you calling for?'

'I love you, and I miss you. And it seems like forever since I've seen you.'

'It has been a while, hasn't it. I miss you too.'

Emily tries to control her emotions. But hearing Daniel say he misses Ashley hurts. It really does.

'So, do you have time to talk? I want to hear all about you? I know we haven't spent much time together, but after next weekend with memorial day party, we should be free. And then we can spend lots of time together'

Oh joy, Daniel thinks.

'Listen Ash. I'm in an important meeting at Grayson Global at the moment. I really wish we could talk (sarcasm) but I have to go, like right now.'

'Oh, I understand.'

'Bye baby, love you.'

'Bye baby.' Ashley copies back.

By this point, Emily has heard enough. She is nearly out the door.

Daniel's upset. Upset that Ashley interrupted, and upset that he had to put Emily through that. He really wanted to finish their conversation.

'So.. Ems?'

'Bye Daniel.'

'Wait.'

'Bye.'

-------------------------------------

That night, when Emily and Daniel go home, they are both surrounded by their own floods of tears.

Luckily for Daniel, Ashley is still busy, so she's not home.

They both cry themselves to think, both unaware that the other is doing and thinking exactly the same thing.

-------------------------------------

A/N: AH THE LETTER IS FINALLY HERE!! It has only been dragged on for, you know, seven parts. And I know I said I was going to update twice a week, but jokes, I don't think i can. Expect an update EVERY thursday, and apart from that, I'm not too sure. I will try to make my other update day saturday. I was going to post a mock chapter titled 'The letter' with just an author's note to see who fell for it, but nah. So tell me what you think of this chapter. Like seriously, I don't get much feedback. I want to make it better for you guys. So that's your question for this week. What can I do better? What do you like about this story? What did you think of the letter?

Thankyou, revenger out.