Grayson Global

So I guess you can follow me into my office'

'I guess so,' Emily says, feeling her pocket where the letter is.

Daniel is really nervous as he led Emily into his office. She wasn't like any other investor. Heck, he didn't even know why she was investing.

Saying it was awkward was an extreme understatment. He was taking Emily into the very place that had destroyed their relationship.

'So this is your office? Hard to imagine I never saw it.'

'Hmmm..' Daniel says. He is still confused and doesn't know what to say or do. So instead he just tries the formal approach. But formality loses all meaning when said person is your ex- fiancée.

'So, uh anyway, take a seat.'

'Thanks.'

'So you're thinking of investing?'

'Well you never seemed to want my investment before, so uh no. I didn't arrange this meeting to invest.'

If Daniel was confused before, he has completely lost it now. He has absolutely no clue what is going on, not that he had much of a clue before.

'So, uh what are you doing here then?'

'I needed to see you, and thought this was the best way to do it. You know, so you don't get in trouble with Ashley. I'm sorry about that, by the way.'

'Ah don't be. She doesn't control me.'You do, Daniel thinks to himself. 'So uh you said you needed to see me?' Daniel questioned, hopeful.

'Yes, it's about Charlotte.' Daniel's face falls. Emily doesn't notice though. She's pre-occupied with her script of what she's going to say. But her plans don't always works, so she destroys the plan and just decides that she will let it flow.

'Charlotte?' Daniel asks.

'Yes, I'm worried about her. Declan's worried about her. He's worried about her doctor.'

Daniel gets annoyed at the mention of Declan's name. It's not the fact that it's Declan. He has nothing against him. It's the fact that if Emily knows this, she must've been spending time with Jack. Not that he's surprised, he was always expecting them to get together. So Daniel just wants to get to the point, avoiding any personal issues with Emily, as hard as that may be.

Not that he can really talk, he's dating Emily's best friend.

Screw it, Daniel thinks. Why can't

get mad about Jack?

'So you want me to do this to make Jack happy?' Daniel says in an annoyed tone.

Emily gets a little hurt by that response. But she understands why he would've said that. It's natural for him to think that they are together. He probably doesn't even know that Amanda's back. She could tell him, but she's saving it for the Memorial Day party, which is next week.

'Daniel, this has nothing to do with Jack. It has everything to do with Charlotte. Jack knows nothing about it.'

Daniel doesn't know whether to believe it or not, but the way she says it, so angelically, makes him fall under his spell.

'So anyway what' s the problem?'

So Emily tells him everything. She tells him about Adam, about everything he did to Charlotte. She completely skips over the part about Declan, because that has no relevance to Daniel's life, even though it might have a little to do with Charlotte's. She doesn't want to aggravate Daniel. She tells him about Dr Connor, even though he personally has done nothing wrong, Declan feels uneasy with him as Charlotte's doctor.