Thirty Nine- Almost Caught

Chapter Thirty Nine- Almost Caught

Sera's P.O.V.

Alpha Wayne's gaze didn't waver from mine as those words left my mouth. He was sure it was Shea. Not a single trace of surprise was visible in his eyes as if he knew the only Luna I would mean would be Shea.

He smirked at me knowing I was testing him and his faith on his mate. If I was at his place and told that Alpha was the traitor, I could have a suspicion that it was Daniel. Right, our bond is not enough strong. My faith on Daniel is not enough. After all I don't love him, that's what I had told his father the other day. Now I think my decision is true.

"Where is she now?" He asked me as if I was meant to know.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "I'm not her caretaker. She can burn in the depths of hell." But I was wondering where she could be. She was that long in this pack and I'm sure she had something planned but now her plan must have failed. Where she could be now?

"I think we should send someone to search for her." He told me.

"I'm not going." I told him firmly. I have many other things to do then go searching for her betraying traitor face. "And I think I should call it night now."

With that I walked out of the room leaving Alpha to make his decisions. I made my way towards my room. I have spent most of my time in our house, that is Dave and mine and now Manny's too. I think for next few days, I have to stay here. I'd be easy to keep an eye on traitors from here.

The room was silent and I waited for sun to rise while I cleared the jumble of thoughts in my head. This was not settled. Shea and Miles. Though Miles is not against this pack, I'm sure he is hiding something. Attack on Daniel was something that would convince him to capture the old man. I plan on asking some questions from him.

For now I have to sort things out with one person.

I still haven't asked what happened to Dave and how he got injured. How Kyle ended up in hospital? What type of attack was that?

And I need to visit to Kyle.

Manny and her pup can't be forgotten. I have to ask her mom to pay a visit, to take care of my best friend since I won't be there with her with everything going on.

And then appearance of Dave. I have planned it but now somehow I have to stall the mission of finding him. Daniel needs to stop, or at least slow the pace.

And lastly, a meeting.

When sun rose up the next morning, one of my predictions was correct- Daniel was hell bent to find Dave. He was barking orders at warriors to search throughout the territory and ordered Eric to contact other packs for whereabouts my brother.

I was happy that he had started taking things seriously but for this single time, I don't want him to be serious. My first instinct was to call Dave but instead I settled for many asking her to hide him. She was panting and I told myself she was jogging when I called.