Thirty Six - Mate

Chapter Thirty Six- Mate

Sera's P.O.V.

I had always known Alpha Wayne was one of the best Alphas to exist in werewolf history. That was the reason why this pack was mostly safe. No other pack ever tried to mess with Moonstone pack. But after Alpha Wayne was out, everything went downhill. Daniel's lack of interest in pack also added to increased pressure. Rogues knew if they took over Moonstone pack, they'd be invincible. They strengthened themselves over years to attack on this pack.

It made sense to me then. Moonstone pack is really special pack. The bond Alpha shares with this pack make him stronger. And now Daniel is stronger than before. But he is not really my mate; he is not completely my mates. And I'm not Luna of this pack.

That's why I was able to run away from this pack. Because I never really belonged to this pack. I never really belonged to Daniel. I was never a member of Moonstone and I was never a Luna of Moonstone.

"Do you think I'd never know about that, vampire?" Wayne asked with venom in his voice.

All those years I just told my mind that Wayne was my Alpha even though he was not. How could that be when I was not really from this pack? When Wayne broke Alpha bond with pack, I never felt it. When Daniel formed Alpha bond with pack, I never felt it. When Daniel formed mating bond with Shea, I never felt it. I never felt anything because I was never meant to.

I was told that it was painful when your mate is with another she-wolf. I always dismissed it as a rumor because I never felt any pain when Daniel was with Shea. It was just... nothing special to me except for some ache in my chest. All my beliefs on mate were broken the day Daniel went for Shea. I felt the heartache because my belief was broken, not my heart.

My mating bond with Daniel is so weak that we can only maintain a platonic relationship. Because honestly there is nothing between us. I don't feel what he does. I don't feel his pain, I don't feel his joy. I don't feel anything for him.

After realizing that Daniel is not my mate, that there is someone else outside there as his mate, I feel a naught for him. My previous caring reduced into nothing and it was like I was letting Daniel go. It was like a thin thread I was slowly letting go so he could go.

But I held it. No, I can't let Daniel go.

"No, no." I shook my head. If I let him go, things won't go as planned.

But this revelation is already a shock. Nothing like I planned.

"This is the truth Sera. Don't you see other werewolves with their mates around you?" He started circling around me. His questions cornering my mind, making me doubt myself. "They can't stay away from each other while you lived without Daniel for a year and grew stronger and stronger."

"But I was transitioned into a vampire." I argued refusing to believe him while in my mind everything had cleared. The only question remained was 'why?'