Seventeen - Deal to Fight

Chapter Seventeen – Deal to Fight

Sera’s P.O.V.

I stood there dumbfound. Did she just say that? This red head is Will’s mate. I don’t know what to think about it. Should I feel happy or sad? I mean this is the same girl who was disgusted by me and now she is sucking faces with Will who I like, not the gross way. But she is his mate not mine. I have no right to judge at this situation.

I smiled because I’m happy Will found his mate. Turning to Kyle, he had a faint frown on his face. I could almost hear what was going inside his mind.

“Will found his mate. She will keep him happy.” I said to Kyle who looked down at me.

“I know. But will she be enough good to be in our pack. I don’t want someone like Shea in my pack.” He told me. “I’m happy for Will and I know he will be happy too. But I’m thinking about my mate. Who will I get?”

“Don’t worry. You will have a nice mate.” I smiled at him.

He lowered his gaze to ground, his frown disappearing. He then looked into my eyes with so much intensity, I couldn’t look away.

“I hope I get someone like you.” He said with sincerity.

My mouth parted while I thought what I was going to say but nothing came out of my mouth. Those words were more shocking. The look he was giving me had me fixed at my place. He kept on staring into my eyes and then they lowered to my lips. It was then I realized how close we were standing. I could feel his breath on my face as he started leaning in.

I could have closed my eyes if I wanted it, if I was so confused. But I knew I didn’t want this. I knew I couldn’t lead him on. I knew there was someone waiting for him. I don’t want his mate to save same fate as mine.

It was a moment I felt vulnerable in. All memories came flooding back to me. Daniel was in love with Shea while I was his mate. It hurt me so much when he refused to believe me. It hurt so much when he replaced me with her.

I don’t want to be another Shea. Not for Kyle, not for anyone. I am not Shea.

I turned my head away and my eyes fell on Daniel. He was staring at me with an unreadable emotion in his eyes. I could have peeped inside his mind to find out what he was thinking but I didn’t want to. I was so full of my own thoughts that I didn’t want to hear his.

My gaze lowered to floor as images of Dave came into my mind. There’s only one person I love most. I will do anything for him.

And Daniel

I will do anything for him too, for his life. But that will be more because he is my mate and not because I want to. It will be because I’m obliged to. I blinked my eyes several times to clear my head. Kyle’s breath hit side of my head and I knew he was staring at me.

He was thinking, trying to figure me out. But I can’t let him.

Finally lifting my gaze from floor to his eyes, I smiled faintly. It came as a sad smile.

“There’s your mate waiting for you Kyle. You will find her one day. And make her happy when you do. Don’t ever replace her for anyone because she will be the most special person in your life.” I told him softly.

He kept staring at me for few seconds and then a smile grazed on his lips.

“I will,” he said and I grinned at him which he matched with one of his own.