Twenty One - Suspicion

Chapter Twenty One - Suspicion

Daniel’s P.O.V.

I paced pack and forth in my room, my brain completely jumbled up.

Just tell everyone. It’s for the best. My wolf argues.

‘No, it’s not for the best. It’s for the worst.’

How?

‘If I admit that Sera was my mate then everyone will hate me. My pack will hate me.’

It’s not like you don’t deserve that.

‘Just shut up. I don’t want this now. Already I’m not a powerful enough Alpha for them. If they here about this, that will cause havoc.’

But if you don’t get with your mate soon, I will cause havoc. And I am inside your brain. What will you do about it?

I cut it off and sat at the corner of my bed with head in my hands. I rubbed my face and ran my hand through my hairs.

Dad will not like it. He will most definitely kill me if I tell him about this.

Dave already knows. He has been more hostile to me ever since Sera returned. She must have told him. If everyone is going to react like this, I better stay quiet. I am not ready to face it. And it will not happen. I won’t let it.

I have to do something. I can’t go with the deal. But I also fear Sera will reveal everything. Not like anyone will believe it. It will be same as it was a year ago.

No one will believe that she is my mate. She can’t say that.

But dad will definitely believe it. He seems to know everything. He had asked if Shea was really my mate in past. There was no doubt he was suspicious of our relationship. If Sera tells him the truth, it will be the biggest problem for me.

“There are rogue attacks in your territory.” A voice spoke and I snapped my head to find Sera leaning against the doorframe.

Her face completely neutral, devoid of all emotions.  I didn’t know what she was thinking.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her standing up.

The room was mostly dark except for the moonlight coming from the large window. Her face shone under the whiteness of moon. Her green were sparking remarkably. Long dark hairs looked midnight black as they reflected moonlight.

She looked absolutely breathtaking, especially wearing that pure white top and dark blue skin tight jean.

“If you are done checking me out,” she said drily, “I would like to remind. I won and now it’s time for you to spring in action and announce your little secret.” She walked inside the room, standing the window, her eyes watching me like a hawk.

She was looking so beautiful that I couldn’t take my eyes off her. Her skin seemed so milky. It almost appeared illuminant. Her hairs were so silky. My fingers were itching to caress them.

“Take a photograph. It lasts longer.” She smirked at me.

I shook my head. “Give me time.” I told her. “I can’t just pop this news out of nowhere.”

“I knew you’d say something like that. I will give you time. The first person you will tell about me will be your dad and he is returning back in two months.”

My face lit up at her words.

“I was here just to tell you. Don’t try to jump up and down like an overexcited kid. I’m going to see Kyle.” She said marching back to the door.