The Rager

CHAPTER 61: THE RAGER

Mystic Falls High School

Natalie felt weird. Sure, it was only a small room and for most people it wouldn't really mean anything other than being a classroom. But for Natalie, it felt like a constant reminder that her father was dead, because she now officially hated history class for the simple fact that her father used to teach it. She watched as her sister and her sister's boyfriend (god, she hated calling him that) walked into the classroom, Elena plopping down in the seat next to her.

"It's the first time we've been back in Alaric's classroom..." Stefan suddenly noticed from his seat on the other side of Elena and he looked at the two sisters carefully and saw Natalie look down for a moment as Elena started glaring at her hands.

Elena grasped her own hands tightly as she took a deep breath as the heightened vampire emotions made it very easy to just burst out in tears. "First period, and I'm ready to bawl my eyes out."

But then another familiar face joined them, a blonde head coming through the door as she smiled at everyone in the room, speaking up with her British accent still as recognizable as ever. "Morning, everyone. So, I'm throwing a little anti-curfew party at my new house. Starts at fifth period and goes 'til whenever. Spread the word." Rebekah looked at Natalie with a large smile as she handed her a flyer. "You're as welcome as always." she then looked at the vampire doppelganger that was also there. "You're welcome to join, Elena, if you'd like to bury the hatchet."

"It's a pretty enormous hatchet." the brunette retorted, narrowing her eyes in suspicion at the much older vampire.

The blonde rolled her eyes at the young vampire's snappy answer. "Well, I'm feeling generous of spirit."

Elena grabbed Natalie's flyer right out of her hands, making the human frown in surprise as she stared at her empty hands for a moment as the older twin studied the flyer. "New house, huh? Did your brother finally kick you out?"

"He didn't kick me out, I left." the blonde corrected sharply, giving the other female an equally sharp look.

Elena's eyes widened in surprise as her sister returned the previous favor and grabbed the flyer out of her hands, the doppelganger looked at her sister with questioning eyes, gaining a smirk in return. "So, you left the only person on earth that actually likes you?"

Rebekah felt the need to rip her throat out but she didn't for the reason that she could hurt her so much worse emotionally than physically (and that said something). "Well, your boyfriend liked me once. Actually, a lot more than once."

Stefan looked up at the smirking blonde, not very happy with being dragged into the conversation like that and really just wanted it to stop as he was realizing that he had made out with all three of the girls around him and it getting really awkward. "Why are you still in town, Rebekah? Don't you have anywhere else to go?"

"Well, history's my favorite class. Actually, where is Mr. Saltzman...?" she paused dramatically as she saw Elena getting angrier but she didn't see Natalie grip onto the desk desperately as she tried not to run out of the classroom. "Oh, that's right, I killed him."

And Natalie got up abruptly at the same time and walked out of the classroom as Elena threw a pencil at Rebekah's face, but the clearly superior strength and reflexes of an original won as the older vampire grabbed it right before it hit her and threw it back at the brunette, hitting her in the shoulder.

She found that very amusing, especially considering nobody even noticed that Natalie had walked out of the classroom.

▹▹▹