Bringing Out The Dead

CHAPTER 49: BRINGING OUT THE DEAD

The Gilbert House

After the interesting day with Bonnie's mother and Klaus being an ass, Natalie and Elena still weren't too happy with each other. They managed to be in the same room without yelling at one another, but they still felt the urge to have their fist planted on their twin's face. And Alaric was noticing the tension between them, and he would have done something about it if he wasn't so damn hungover.

"Morning." Elena greeted him as he walked into the room.

Alaric rubbed his eyes before looking at the counter, only to find that what he was looking for wasn't there. "Thought we had aspirin."

"They're in the vitamins." the doppelganger informed him before looking down at her empty cup of coffee, debating whether or not it would be a good idea to take another cup.

And as Elena was doing that, Natalie's gaze went to an empty bottle whiskey and a glass standing nearby. Adding that with the fact that Alaric seemed totally hungover, she kinda put two and two together. "So... how hungover are you?"

Alaric cringed at the question, knowing that no daughter should ask her father that, but he answered nonetheless, although keeping it cryptic. "Yeah, sorry about that. It was a bit of a weird night."

"I told you you don't have to feel guilty about inviting Meredith over here." Elena told him, knowing that he still had issues with moving on from Jenna, even if her death had been a while ago. But he was never the best at moving on, seeing as he spent two years searching for Isobel before he finally took a chance on the late strawberry blonde.

"But you should feel guilty that I didn't even know anything was going on between you and Meredith before, like, thirty minutes ago when Damon texted me, asking about your dirty, little doctor." Natalie shuddered at the end of her statement, not wanting to imagine her dad in any compromising positions.

"Oh, I know," the vampire hunter (semi-retired) said to his daughter, feeling the guilt of not having told her about his knew love interest. "But I do feel guilty for whiskey dialing her at two in the a.m."

"Oh, no you didn't." the youngest in the room groaned, burying her head in her hands in embarrassment for him, although he wasn't always the smoothest, he was never really did stupid stuff like that before. Mostly because he hadn't had many girlfriends in his adult life (two, to be exact).

 "Oh, yes I did."

Elena then decided to be the only one to not be buried in awkward surrounding them to find out what actually happened. "Oh, was she cool about it?"

 Alaric once again cringed at himself, making Natalie realized that the answer wasn't really good. "Well, as soon as these aspirin kick in and I remember the conversation, I'll let you know."

Elena nodded sheepishly as the doorbell rang, confusing the people inside as most people were kinda scared of going to the Gilberts as a fair share of people thought the remaining had probably lost it and they didn't want to put their sanity to the test. But they figured it was either a Salvatore, a Forbes, a witch or a hybrid.

They were right, of course, as when they opened the door, they saw Sheriff Liz Forbes outside, holding something behind her back, but she was probably going to show it to them soon enough. "This is an unconventional conversation we're about to have. So I hope you'll protect me on it."

"Of course." Alaric answered, being their guardian and the person that was supposed to be responsible for them, although the first thing was kinda the second thing but that doesn't matter.