History Repeating

CHAPTER 1: HISTORY REPEATING

Mystic Falls High School

Imagine having to move to a completely new place and start completely over with your whole life about every month. Having to deal with the fact that not everything is as it seems when you have to go out and try to keep it as everyone sees it. Imagine you and your father being obsessed with finding out the truth about the biggest life-changing event of your life.

Well, if you can, you have the gist of Natalie Saltzman's life.

As long as she could remember, she could always imagine her mother and father by her side. She had them there her whole life (or, at least that's what she thought) and when she lost her mother to the supernatural mystery that started a whole new chapter of her life she had never felt more hopeless. But, she got a new purpose with her life, knowing that if was someone's life that one day might save because of her skills with weapons and all the training her mother insisted on.

And since that one night, her and her father had become obsessed with finding the raven-haired vampire that killed Isobel Flemming, also known as Natalie's mom.

And the newest lead they found lead them to a town in Virginia called Mystic Falls, although Natalie didn't find the falls all that mystic.

And then her dad (who was educated to any principals in California it may concern) got a job as none other then his own daughter's history teacher. Well done, Alaric.

"Good morning, everyone." Alaric (Natalie's dad) greeted as he walked into the classroom, surprisingly not embarrassing Natalie yet.

He rubbed his hands together before finding a piece of chalk. "Alrighty." And then he wrote his own name on the board as Natalie was really hoping that he wouldn't call her up as he did 90% at of the time.

"Alaric Saltzman," he repeated the same name he wrote, as if the kids couldn't read. "It's a mouthful, I know. It doesn't exactly roll of the tounge. Saltzman is of German origins. My family immigrated here in 1755 to Texas. I, however, was born and raised in Boston. Now, the name 'Alaric' belongs to a very dead great-grandfather I could never thank enough. You'll probably want to pronounce it 'Al-arc' but it's 'Ala-ric', okay? So, you can call me Ric. I'm your new history teacher."

And then he did the exact thing Natalie was hoping he wouldn't. Profoundly embarrassing her as she was really hoping to keep a low profile. "Speaking of new, we have a new student today, why don't you come up and tell us about yourself?"

Natalie looked down on the ground for a moment, not registering what Alaric was saying for a moment, then her eyes widened as she realized that everyone was staring at her and she had to do the same old routine she hated.

As all the stares were really uncomfortable, Natalie was quick to want this to end so she decided to finish it as quickly as possible. But she didn't miss the option she had of whispering angrily at her father first. "I hate you."

"You'll get over it." Alaric countered.

Natalie closed her eyes in annoyance before sighing in defeat. "I'm Natalie Saltzman. New girl. Saltzman is of German origins and my family immigrated here in 1755 to Texas," she mocked Alaric's words. "My hobbies include having to do this every few months because I will probably have moved away during the time period of 1-3 months. So we probably won't be friends. Nice knowing you."

And with that Natalie walked over to her seat as a lot of students stared at her in awe, not used to such blunt girls. Neither was Natalie, which was why she decided that she should probably be blunt enough for both of all of them.

One particular person stood out to her, he wasn't only incredibly attractive but he also had a small smile on his face in amusement as he looked at her in wonder, because she was very different from almost all girls he'd known enough to judge that. And he lived a while.

Natalie noticed his staring and let herself smile as she sat down, making it her own person mission to get his name.

Maybe this place wouldn't be so bad after all.

▹▹▹

The Mystic Grill

The mysterious hot guy was away quickly and Natalie didn't really get the chance to grab him and talk to him, unaware of the fact that he actually had a girlfriend he loved very much. So Natalie decided that she could very much go with her dad to the place with the most original name ever. The Mystic Grill.

But then he also decided to go over to a table with two people Natalie had no idea who was, dragging Natalie with him. Of course, Alaric only knew one of the people as he was one of his history students.

"Mr. Saltzman! Other person!" Jeremy Gilbert greeted them with a smile because of the guy that actually gave him a chance to turn his life around.

"Guy I don't know!" Natalie greeted in the same type of tone as him, not really knowing how to respond to it.

"Jeremy, what's up man?" Alaric greeted the younger guy happily, doing some weird fist-bump thing with him.

"I'm Natalie." the brunette introduced herself, figuring that if it was probably a good idea to give them her name if she wanted to make this a little less awkward.

"I'm Jeremy," the young guy introduced himself as well before looking at his beautiful strawberry blonde aunt. "This is my aunt Jenna."

Alaric smiled at the strawberry blonde, finding her very beautiful. "Alaric Saltzman. Nice to meet you."

"Jeremy was just telling me about his paper assignment," Jenna said, trying not to be too creepy as she was gazing at Alaric. "Thanks for giving him another chance."

Natalie heard about her dad giving some guy who had a very bad record some paper assignment to get his grade up so he could possibly have a future. But Natalie thought he seemed too sweet to be some guy who skipped most of his classes and when he was there didn't even try to learn a thing. Jeremy seemed like the guy who didn't want to disappoint his family so he did his best. Now, Jeremy was like that but after his parents died he went through a druggy faze which would have ruined a lot for him if he let it destroy him.

"Oh, you know, it was my first day, I wanted to make a good impression." Alaric dismissed her gratitude sheepishly.

Natalie rolled her eyes at her father's obvious attempt at flirting, although not really holding it against him as it had been a few years since her mother's disappearance. "Well, I'm gonna go. Have fun with you flirting. See you at home, Dad. Nice to meet you, Jeremy, Jenna."

And with that day, the real story began.

▹▹▹

A/N: Hello and welcome to the story of an incredibly weird teenage girl named Natalie Saltzman who has some interesting moments coming up. This is a complete rewrite of how the chapter originally was and as I'm writing it I'm actually at season 3 so a lot has happened and I hope you'll stick around.

Votes and comments are greatly appreciated.