Rainbow Veins (12)

A/N: Firstly hey! Hope y'all are having a good day :)

Secondly, this second part of this chapter (after the three stars * ) will be telling you more about Harry's view of things. That will probably be quite obvious but now I've hopefully elimanted any confusion that may have occured whilst reading this!

Thirdly, this chapter is dedicated to Roxy. Why? Well she spanned my emails with her comments on this story and I greatly appreciate it Roxy, thank you! <3

Fourthly, the picture at the side is what I imagine the basketball courts to look like. :)

ON WITH THE QUEST... I mean story... >_>

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Now now Leaf, you and I both know it was more than just a crush."

Came Jimmy's annoying voice, Leaf felt her cheeks redden as memories of her telling Jimmy she loved him flashed back into her mind. Harry's fists clenched at his sides, he wasn't worried about the consequences of punching Jimmy, he would do it anyway. He had no right to talk to Leaf this way and he would do anything he could to protect her from this idiot. Before Harry could even raise his fist, Leaf's soft hand had snaked it's way into his and seemed to be sending calming pulses into Harry's body, stopping him from wanting to smash Jimmy's face. A smug smile appereared on Jimmy's face as he watched Harry's hand uncurl.

"Your a little too late Jimmy, Leaf is mine now."

Leaf's heart swelled with pride. Jimmy had obviously expected him to say something along those limes though as he replied without missing a beat.

"Well then looks like we'll have to play the hard way. Me and you. Tonight. At the basketball courts. At midnight. Whoever wins the fight gets Leaf."

Leaf couldn't believe her ears. They were going to fight? Over her? That COULD not happen.

"No. This isn't happening."

"Scared your little boyfriend will lose?"

Jimmy mocked. She scowled at him before replying.

"Not in the slightest. Small details here Jimmy, but even if you do win, I won't be your girlfriend."

"We'll see darling."

And with that Jimmy left, his small gang emerging from the side of the canteen to surrond him. Leaf turned to face Harry and wrapped her arms around his waist, fear was burning in her turquoise eyes.

"You can't do this Harry."

"I'll be fine, I'll have your love to guide me."

Harry placed his lips on Leaf's and kissed her passionately.

* * *

Harry lay in his bed, pretending to be asleep when anybody came near his room. He was nowhere near asleep though, he was wide awake and fully clothed in his fighting gear - well black skinnies and his leather jacket over his superman top. The only thing he needed to do was put his sneakers on. It seemed sneakers were a good idea tonight, firstly because they were super comfortable and secondly because the name 'sneakers' made them sound like perfect shoes to sneak out in. And that was exactly what he was doing tonight. His phone made a muffled buzzing sound from under the pillow, signalling the time being quarter to twelve. Time to leave.

Harry folded up his pre-made note to his parents and placed it on his bed sheets. The note was explaining Harry's absence... And was purely incase he didn't return home after the fight. He hoped he would be able to throw it away in about an hour. The house seemed to be on Harry's side tonight, the floorboards didn't creak and the doors opened and closed silently. When he arrived outside the cold night breeze danced around him and calmed his crazy beating heart.

"I love you Leaf."

He whispered as he set off, he prayed that his words would reach his love. Harry arrived at the basketball courts at pretty much twelve. Jimmy was already there, chuckling in the shadows with his gang. Harry had known full well that he wouldn't of turned up without them, he wasn't brave enough for that.

"You ready pretty boy?"

Jimmy called out into the darkness.

"Aww you think I'm pretty? How sweet!"

Harry sarcastically replied. He pushed his golden fringe out if his eyes befire making his way over to Jimmy, his gang were in a V formation behind him, to any night owl passers-by it probably looked scary and dangerous, but to Harry it just looked pathetic. It was obvious Jimmy was weak and wouldn't survive the fight without the help of his little four man gang.

"Shut up Harry. I'll give you one last chance now Leaf isn't by your side. Give her up."

They were standing face to face and for once Jimmy actually looked sincere. His eyes were full of sadness, it looked like he really couldn't live without Leaf. As soon as Harry denied his request though his eyes snapped back to the hateful ones they had changed into over the past few weeks. Jimmy pulled something out of his pocket, something shiny that caught Harry's eyes instantly. A knife.

"Jimmy. You don't have to do this. Move on from Leaf. Jimmy, don't!"

Harry backed away from Jimmy and the knife. But with every backwards step he took, Jimmy took a step forwards, so the gap between them never got bigger.

"Do you give in then? Can I have Leaf?"

"You can NEVER have Leaf." As the words left Harry's mouth the knife entered his side. The pain ran through his entire body before he collapsed on the floor, blood pooling next to him.