Different Without You

Chapter 15

---Kiara's POV---

The next morning I was awoken by Claire who had come to tell me that I had to get ready because the king from the Western kingdom would be stopping by. I didn't see how that could have possibly concerned me but I willed myself to get up anyway.

"Now make sure that you stay on your best of manners, Father will be upset if you disgrace him." She said briskly before leaving the room.

I threw myself back on my bed and sighed in relief at not having any of the four hear at the moment to tell me how inappropriate my action was. Why did I even have to go? Though Sidonna would more than likely be betrothed by the end of the week he still had Claire, Elaine and Teresa to marry off, going by what Sidonna said. He didn't even have to acknowledge my presence until then so why did I have to get up from my good rest just to meet some king? I gave a frustrated sigh then pushed myself up from the bed because 'it was the honour of a princess to follow commands dutifully for the glorification of her king', gosh I had gotten so tired of hearing that. 

I walked over to the dresser and found a dress hung on one of the draws. I frown, if Martha and Talia had seen this they would have been disappointed; it wasn't anywhere close to my colour. It wouldn't have complimented my eyes or tone. I shook my head and found that I was actually annoyed. Didn't these people know how to dress. I had never cared so much about what I wore before now, maybe that was because I actually had competent handlers before. What a waste.

I walked back to the closest and began looking through it; apparently someone had stocked it after I arrived. I browsed through the hideous outfits until I found something half decent; a silk blue dress that fell just above my knee. Who knew maybe it would come in handy later.

When I was done getting dressed I was brought to the royal dining hall for breakfast. My sisters and parents were already seated and waiting. It felt kinda weird stepping into the room and having everyone staring at me. At one point I could have sworn that I had taken a step back but I forced myself to keep going forward. I took my seat and looked down hoping they would have stopped looking. It felt so weird and made me wish I had Rolan to hide behind.

After breakfast we went to the throne room to wait for the expected arrival. They didn't even show up until around midnight which meant me sitting perfectly still forever while I waited. At one point I began fidgeting but I stop when I caught alot of eyes staring on disapprovingly at me. Well what did they exxpect me to do, my butt was beginning to hurt and I could feel my attention span shortening with every minute. 

The door finally swung open and a man walked in followed by three guys that looked alittle older than my sisters. I guess they were the princes. I caught all three smiling over at me. My face went hot as my eyes flew to the floor. I would never understand why people enjoyed staring so much.

"King Thomas thank you for having us here today." The man said.

"It's my pleasure to have an old friend over. These are my daughters as well as our long lost daughter, Kiara. You know how long ago she disappeared and we're just grateful to have found her after all these years. I can't even imagine how we used to go one while she was missing." As he spoke I caught all four of my sisters giving me dirty looks. I felt like shrinking in my seat, it was obvious that they were already tired of hearing about me . . .

"It's a pleasure to meet you Princess." One of the princes said as he held my hand and kissed it. My face burned hotter after that.

"T-The pleasure's a-all mine . . ."

"She's adorable." He said now turning to his father.

"Well she's also not on the market." Father said.