Busted

Chapter 9

---Kiara's POV---

I forced myself to get up ad stopped crying. It made no sense to cry because I seemed to be the only one who was affected. If she wouldn't let this bother her then I guess it wouldn't bother me either. I could be strong . . .I could be just as indifferent as she was . . .I-I didn't need  her . . .

"Kiara, there you are." I looked around and saw Rolan walking over to me. I quickly dried any remaining tears; the last thing I wanted was to upset him for no reason. As I wiped the last tear from my eyes he walked up to me. "Can you I ask that you be honest about something?" He asked, looking me intently in the eyes.

"Um, sure . . ."

"Are you happy here? Would you prefer to go home?"

"NO!" I couldn't afford to go back. Chloe would never accept me and after she said all that even if I had gone back things would have been really awkward between the two of us. I hated tension so I wouldn't be able to handle that. Besides what would I go back to? Now that I knew exactly  what she thought about me things would never be the same. That and I actually enjoyed being in his presence; it was . . .soothing.

A smile crawled unto his face. My guess was that he was happy about my response. I found myself smiling too but it was no where near as bold and confident as his. He reached  over and fix a strand of my hair that had fallen out of the place with a particular smile. "So what's this I hear about you jumping from the windows and hording food?" He asked giving me a knowing look. My eyes dropped. He knew . . .

"I-uh-It won't happen again."

"Well I don't mind it happening I just want to know why." He said with a casual shrug. "I already told you that I accept you for everything you are, now I simply want to know how and why you tick."

I felt myself blushing. "Well . . .the window was just there and it was like a natural response I guess. The food . . .it tastes better once it's been stored for a bit." The last part was a lie but I just couldn't let him know about Ezra because he would have probably sent him away. 

"I see . . .and exactly how many times did you jump through the window? It must have been alot to have those four fuming like that." He smiled reflectively. "I haven't seen them so riled up since the time they had to train me." My eyes bulged wide. He had to go through their training as well? He took in my expression then chuckled. "Don't look so surprized, I'm sure they have already spoon fed you the whole 'no one being born royal' line. God I can't tell you how man times I heard that one line--oh and 'As a prince this and as a prince you must and as a prince--'. Once I got so fed up that I told them to bite me then I ran to father before they could hit me forgetting that they would see me the very next day." We both laughed at that. It was good to know that they didn't simply carry some kind of extra hatred for me in particular.

"Um . . ."

"Yes?" He asked with a tone of curiosity.

"Who exactly will be here tonight."

"No one special, just the king and queen of both the middle and northern kingdoms--but don't tell them I said that or we'll never hear the end of it." He said with a wink before he began walking away. He paused and yelled over his shoulder. "You should head back before they come looking for you, you've only got about another hour of training before you can rest then you have to begin getting ready."

By the end of the training class I was sure that I had developed a phobia of books. There were so many of them and they just kept falling! Well atleast until closer to the end of the class were I was able to walk half the length of the room. I was making improvements!