She's My Princess

Chapter 11

"Prince Rolan, Princess Kiara, what are you two doing out here?"

That voice woke me.

I looked around and saw that I had fallen asleep right there on Rolan's chest. He seemed to have fallen asleep leaned against the tree. Looking up I saw Carlisle and Dara standing before us. It was strange to see just two of them. They both shot us disapproving stares. I glanced over at Rolan and saw him smiling. It made me smile too.

"What are you to smiling about? Do you know how unbecoming it is to fall asleep outside?"

"Oh please do forgive us." Rolan said animatedly, he was mocking them and it was funny. "I should think that you will tell my father now, is that right?" They scowled at him but that only made his smile widen. "Relax we just wanted to ensure the coolness of the outside, my room was beginning to become stuffy and breeze outside felt heavenly."

 Carlisle sighed. "Ofcourse your majesty." He looked down at me. "Princess please go back to your room. Martha and Talia are waiting to get you dressed so we can begin today's lesson."

I looked down. 

I had to leave Rolan . . .just to get whipped. I was about to sigh as I got up but then I remember that Dara had slapped me just yesterday for doing the same thing. Rolan rose with me. 

"Come along Princess." Dara said as the two began walking off. I took a step towards them but was pulled back into Rolan's arms. I looked up at him as he gave me a breath taking smile before kissing me. It wasn't much of anything lasting, just a quick peck. I smiled up at him then hurried off to catch up to the two before they could realize that I wasn't following.

Back in my room I saw that Ezra was already dressed and munching on a cupcake. No doubt Martha or Talia had gone for it for him.

I walked over to the mirror after getting into another dress and waited while they had their usual squabble about how my hair was to be done. Eventually they settled on leaving it hanging down and I was allowed to leave so I could get to my lesson.

"Today we are moving onto a new lesson." Renee said, taking the books that I had carried out of my hands.

I sighed in relief and immediately they all turned to me.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry it won't happen again!"

"It had better not, and what have we told you about how unbecoming it is for a princess to grovel. Simply acknowledge the mistake and move on." Zana said.

"Right so today we'll work on something that cn easily be fixed in one class. Table etiquette."

 Huh?

All four shook their heads when they saw just how clueless I was. "We are going to work on how you use your knife and fork." Renee clarified in the tone one would use for a child of three years.

True to their word the lesson didn't take more than one class. During the course of the next few weeks however they found some awful things that they insisted that I had to know. Stuff like planning strategies for war--they would through missiles at me and say I killed my entire kingdom whenever I got it wrong, writing, reading-- which was really hard I mean who the hell made up english anyway?! Then their was ballroom dancing and horse back riding, though I didn't mind that one so much.

Within a month they had changed me so much that I could hardly recognize myself. I was now eating with both a knife and a fork and not only could I read but I could reply to notes that Helena and Gail would send me saying they couldn't make it to my bath times along with a list of instructions. Now that I knew so much, I couldn't see how I used to survive without those necessities.