6-10

Each Chapter was inspired by a randomized prompt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Six: Don't Forget Me

"Who are you?" Kagome finally managed her side throbbing intensely.

The woman looked up at her.

"They call me the dark Witch, but you needn't worry about that." she said stirring the steaming liquid.

"It's not like you'll remember anyway," she said puring liquid into the small vile, before making her way over to Kagome.

"Now don't fight, this will take care of those memories, among other things."

She grabbed Kagome's jaw, her nails digging into the skin, and pried it open. She quickly poured the liquid down her throat. Kagome coughed and sputtered as the flickering lights went out.

Words: 100

Prompt: Memories

Chapter Seven: Sudden Chill

"Kagome? Kagome?" came Sango's voice from afar.

Kagome slowly opened her eyes, the blue sky looming down on her.

"Are you alright? You've been sleeping for awhile." Sango asked her eyebrow raised.

"What!?" Kagome said quickly sitting and scanning her surroundings, digging her fingers into the frost bitten earth.

"Where is she?" she asked franticly.

"Huh? Who?" asked Inuyasha as he walked over.

"The Witch, did she get away?"

"We took care of her, don't you remember how easy it was?" Inuyasha questioned as he smirked.

"What? I don't remember that, how long ago?"

"About a week ago," replied Sango

Words: 100

Prompt: Frost

Chapter Eight: Forgotten or Not

Kagome rode silently on Inuyasha's back, her mind drawn into itself. Why couldn't she remember the witches death? Had a week really passed by her unnoticed? She numbly chewed on her lip, as her thoughts swirled around rapidly. Inuyasha came to a sudden stop causing her to bump into his back. Her wrist sending out a sharp pain. She was just about to look down when Inuyasha's voice interrupted her.

"Should we stay at this village for the night?" he asked looking toward Kagome.

"Uh sure," she said vaguely, her eyes locked on the small blueish bruise encasing her wrist.

Words: 100

Prompt: Wrist

Chapter Nine: Failed Attempt

"Damn!" Inuyasha growled, striking another blow at the large Centipede Yōkai, sending it reeling back.

"Kagome! You'd better hurry up!" he yelled over his shoulder.

Kagome stood a few meters away watching the yokai carefully, looking for an opening in it's defenses. She held her bow taunt as she sent a glare towards Inuyasha, in a silent threat. She closed her eyes momentarily at the pain in her wrists, and searched for her reiki. She carefully entwined her power into the arrow and focused on the yokai. Releasing the arrow at just the right moment. But her birthright failed her.

Words: 100

Prompt: Birth

Chapter Ten: Slipping Away

Kagome's arrow flew and embedded itself in the belly of the centipede but there was no explosion of power or scorching of flesh. Kagome stared dumbfounded at the yokai, waiting for something, anything to happen.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled as the centipede lunged at her.

Kagome rushed backwards as the yokai slammed into the ground. She drew an arrow, and summoned her power again. She held her breath and shot it. This time the arrow exploded, flinging her back suddenly. She stood just as the ground beneath her started to break away, causing her to fall into the rushing river below.

Words: 100

Prompt:Breaking Away