16 - 20

Chapter sixteen: Impromptu Solo

The healer had come and gone by now. Kagome had sustained a broken ankle, some fractured ribs and some deep gashes on her back. She assumed her ride down the river was to blame. She was told to stay in bed until Sesshomaru came to retrieve her to leave. She was almost content on the idea until she heard a song echoing down the hall. She knew she could only hobble, but she got out of bed none the less and carefully made her way to the doorway. She checked if the coast was clear, before she followed the sound.

Words: 100

Prompt: Song

Chapter Seventeen: Sweet Serenade

Finally managing to find the room were the music originated Kagome stuck a peek inside. Many demons were hustling around moving chairs and carrying flowers. Some carried large plates covered in delectable sweets. She look around for the source of music when her eyes fell on Rin sitting in the corner. She was playing, what looked like to Kagome, to be a shamisen. She was very skilled for such a young age, and Kagome only vaguely wondered if the instrument had been introduce to japan during this era. She watched for a while longer relaxing to the instruments soft sound.

Words: 100

Prompt: Hustle

Chapter Eighteen: Romantic Advances?

Kagome lost herself in the music, only refocusing when the music abruptly stopped. She trained her eyes on the young girl in time to see a young demon walk over to her. Rin smiled broadly as he took up her hand and kissed it gently. A blush crept across Rins cheeks as she shied away.

"What may I ask, do you not understand about staying in your room until you're summoned?" came a deep voice from behind Kagome.

Kagome spun around quickly forgetting momentarily her injured foot, to stare directly into a pair of, dare she say, angry golden orbs.

Words: 100

Prompt: Kiss

Chapter Nineteen: Awkward Encounters

Now this is an awkward situation, Kagome thought to herself, her face full of fluff. Her ankle hadn't supported her after her quick turn, and she now found herself being 'held up' by the Killing Perfection.

"I'm so sorry," Kagome said trying to push herself up, her hands digging into the folds of his clothes.

Her eyes took this prime opportunity to completely explore the Daiyokai's features up close. He had similar attributes as Inuyasha but his face was wiser, and his jawline stronger. Her eyes traveled up to the points of his ears, as her hand subconsciously reached out.

Words: 100

Prompt: Exploration

Chapter Twenty: Diseased Miko

Just as quickly as it happened it ended, Sesshomaru pushed her away with such power, that Kagome could've swore she was contagious.

"Sorry," she found her self mumbling, not sure if it was for falling, or the fact that she had just narrowly made contact with his ear.

"You will listen to this Sesshomaru," he said his speak reverting.

He flagged down the nearest servant.

"Take her back to her room, and make sure she stays there." he said almost pushing her into the young demoness, before turning on his heel and entering the room Kagome had just been viewing.

Words: 100

Prompt: Power