71 - 75

Chapter Seventy-One: Help

With the lowering of the tide came rain, and with that rain came hail. Perfect conditions for a battle, Kagome hoped that there were only the three, but there was no way to tell. They didn't speak much of their plans, they didn't speak much at all. All she could gather was that they knew Sesshomaru was dead, and she was almost positive that they had told someone else that. Whether this 'help' would arrive in time was the true question. The men would set out at nightfall, creeping through what they thought a secure entrance. Only time would tell.

Words: 100

Prompt: Hail

Chapter Seventy-Two: Impatient Demon

"Miko, you had better hurry," Kiyoshi said as he paced the floor in Sesshomaru's quarters.

"You can't rush me," Kagome replied glaring at the demon, "If I screw this up he will die."

"That had better not happen," Kiyoshi said stopping beside her "If he dies, I will make sure you are punished with a slow and painful death."

There was rage in his voice and Kagome looked at him sharply.

"You had better shut your mouth," she said "I know what I am doing if you can't stand to watch then wait outside."

Kiyoshi quickly left through the door.

Words: 100

Prompt: Rage

Chapter Seventy-Three: Ready

It was time for battle, Kagome could sense them getting closer. She was nervous, she didn't want to meet her end here. She glanced back at Sesshomaru, praying that he'd be awake, yet he still lie asleep on the bed. She sure hoped that this would work and she didn't just kill the most powerful demon she had met.

"They are heading through the lake," Kagome said to Kiyoshi, whose eyes were also on Sesshomaru.

"He should be waking up by now," Kiyoshi said nervously

"Yes and he will. Stop asking about him and focus on the task at hand"

Words: 100

Prompt: Meet

Chapter Seventy-Four: Set

A foul smell filled the small tunnel as the bandits made their way toward them. The subjects had voted her death to come first, the bandits were supposed to kill her but, this was an advantage, she'd use her reiki and disintegrate them. The redhead was first, he laughed when he saw Kagome.

"Oh she was right," he said stopping short of her "She told me how to deal with you."

Just as quickly as he had stopped, his blood-red claw lashed out sinking deep into the cavity of Kagome's chest. It hurt, she was after all Only Human.

Words: 100

Prompt: Only Human

Chapter Seventy-Five: Milord

Kagome could hear Kiyoshi's yells, as she plummeted to the earth, shouting orders at the men around him. Then she heard a distinct growl, she twisted her head slowly to look. Sesshomaru stood there in his juban, sword in hand. With one swing he beheaded the demon, his fiery hair fluttering wildly as his head landed with a thud. Kagome's eyes closed slowly as the fight ensued. She sighed softly, Sesshomaru is alive, good. But the rest of the battle was a blur and she fell into a deep sleep, the clash of swords serving as a soothing bedtime lullaby.

Words: 100

Prompt: Twist