EPILOGUE: Cheers!

** And again, thank you for following through right til' the very end. Thank you for the encouragement & inspiration you've given tho' you might not be aware of it but you did motivate me & from the bottom of my heart, I love ya'll :}}}

<<>>

2 weeks after.

Emily's  POV.

The day I woke up, I thought I was finally with mom only to find out her vision and our talk was just but a dream. In my sleep I've seen her and she stood before me with a smile asking me to start all over with my twin. I saw her with a man, whom held me for awhile and I suppose he is my real father. I wept for a minute then later on opened my eyes and see the ceiling painted white flash before me.

It took me awhile remembering what had happened and I had a hard time moving around feeling as if my body is just too exhausted for anything but I wanted to get up, so I did and when my feet touch the cold floor, that was my first touch of reality once again. I pulled out my IV feeling the need to get some air but when I was about to take another step, a nurse came up running to let me lay down again.

I had a hard time finding myself to speak even though I wanted to let her know I wanna go out. I let her do what she had to and when doctors arrived, I let them do their assessments as well. They asked me questions, a lot of it and the only words I could utter were 'I'm fine'. After checking my vital signs and making sure I was well enough I could hear them say, they took off my ventilation machine when I was able to breathe on my own and that they've waited for me to come back to life again.

I didn't comment nor say a word maybe because I was too shocked and too much trying to piece the puzzle and that's when the nurse said I was out like a light for a long while. I asked them politely to allow me to get some air outside and they were hesitant but later on let me go making sure I was in good shape. They suggested I take a wheel chair but I insisted on wanting to walk and I fell down for a couple of times but later on got the hang of it. The sun did hit and hurt my eyes for awhile. It felt like the first time I've been out on it again.

We proceeded to the garden as I walk around on reflex and my nurse who claims she is hired by my twin told me what happened and how Avie had never missed one day in coming to see me and talk to me. That's when I tried remembering voices when I was in my sleep, voices that I thought were made out of my dreams.

She said that Avie never failed to talk to me and even the little girl, Lily also never let out the chance she got to tell me stories as if I was the kid between us. She also said how much I was visited and there was never a moment I was left alone. I didn't know what to feel or how to react when she told me who the people were and I was left in a moment of astonishment upon thinking of how they cared. They do care, after all, I thought to myself and when my nurse told me how Avie took care of me and how she catered to me, I couldn't help but feel touched. She said Avie keeps wishing for me to wake up.

I heard it all and when I saw Avie running to me seeing her teary eyes out of bliss, I suddenly found that moment of meeting like the first time I saw her and spoke to her in the mall. I found myself listening to her endless joy out of me waking up and when she said she's sorry and when she said she wants me in her life and other things I couldn't get cause she was talking real fast, I found myself smiling at her demeanor and when she asked me to start over again, I remembered my mom, our mom asking me just the same in my dream. I smiled lightly and for the first time, I had the chance to hug her in acknowledgement of us being twins.

She whispered "happy birthday" that day and that was the best birthday I have ever had. Ever. And giving life another chance is the best gift I have given myself.