And we meet again.

** Soundtrack: When it was me by Paula DeAnda **
** Averines POV **

And we meet again.

<<>>

The mornings pass me by like a blur. I wake up still burdened with the facts I've come to know. I'm still broken; still trying to pick up the pieces. Still learning how to deal with everything I've lost. It's not easy. It pushes you to your limits. It tires you inside and out. It haunts you to the extent of you not wanting to sleep because even in your dreams the things that pained you so badly haunts you. It follows you where you go. It eats you alive.

But I can't let my own grief overcome my plans.

My plans that have been running over and over in the back of my mind. Today is the right time; the right time to go back but not to look back. Today is the day I'm going to face what I once thought I'd never see again. The thought of Eiffer strums a part of me inside but it dies down with the thought of Emily.

Emily.

My purpose. My reason.

Kendrick.

The man behind my shattered life.

They are what I'm going back for and I've been reminding myself of that since the moment my eyes opened. Now that I'm consumed with the thought of wanting to get even. Of wanting justice. Of wanting redemption. I'm ready to go. I'm ready to pretend. Ready for another round of lying, of deceit. Ready to break hearts and ready to bring about chaos.

"You ready?" Callie asked from behind. I snapped back to reality and turned around to face her. I smiled as I breathe and walked forward.

"Ready for a ride in hell." I was born ready I thought to myself, never had I been this thirsty to avenge what needs to be avenged and I will do it in my own terms without getting my kind in any sort of danger. I will not let them be a possible collateral damage to what I'm going to do, I will do this on a personal level basis.

She hooked her arm around mine as we meet up with Jared and Landon outside. I closed the door of my room as my mom and dad waits down stairs. Mom has been trying to convince me not to go but when I look at her with the utter dismay of lack of support she let me be. There's worry in their eyes. There's a touch of disappointment. A hint of them trying to understand me and my side.

Mom pulls me in a hug as I gave her one back.

"Let me know when you need me. I wish my little girl comes back home. I miss her already." She whispered.

"Be safe mom." I said as I turn to my daddy who I gave a hug and he held me closer, longer than I thought.

"I hope that when you're done with what you have to do, I hope you bring my Avie back home too." He said. I savored that moment wishing it was that easy to go back to what I used to be. I can't find her inside me. She seems to hide somewhere deep and doesn't want be seen. Maybe soon.

"I'll try dad." I whispered with all honesty.

<<>>

Before I knew, I was back in the human world. Landon and Jared made all the preparations for us. He purchased brand new luxury cars. A mansion not far from where we used to stay. It's just a few walks away from the boundary. A few walks away from where I was held captive. A few walks away from the lake bridge.

It was my dad who informed Eiffer's father that we're coming without letting Eiffer know. My father told him it won't be safe for him to announce it just yet until we arrive. He agreed not to let his pack know yet but gave us instructions to let him know when we're settled and that will be his cue to let his son know. At first he thought there was another problem regarding our rebels but we ensured him we're not here to battle and cause trouble for them besides I have made alliances with some veterans who have exhausted their knowledge in masking up our scents from our own rebels.