The chosen one.

<<>>

Avie's POV.

I stepped down in my thrown officially. I didn't have the opportunity yet to bring the wolves and Lily with me but I made it official and the dismay was clear and vivid but in the end they have accepted my plea for release. On their laws, if you are queen and you decide to step down, and leave the kingdom, the decision lies in the people and not in the counsel, not even the king.

I had a lot to say for giving them reasons why but I opted to be honest. If there's one thing about honesty, it's the fact that it frees you whether or not people are going to accept and understand you, at least you won't have to carry the burden of lying or saying fabricated things just to get what you want.

I told them my story and the truth behind their queen and that I am considered human. I stood there in front of them as I spoke about my journey and the reactions were different and it made a fuss over the usual silence but I kept on with my story. I told them about the wolves and my mate down to the story of how I became a parent to Lily. There were sighs and disappointed grunts, there were tears and sniffs in some eyes, there were ones who gave me smiles of cheers and happiness and even the counsel who usually gave no emotion had discussed it with consideration upon hearing my story.

My parents stood beside me all the way and dad was proud of me for standing up to what I believe in and finally my mom told me to follow my heart. After the agonizing wait, they reached their decision and I was now officially declared out of the royal bonds and blood. I am now considered an outsider and with that being said, Landon had granted me rights and permission to visit whilst the invitation for the visitation of the wolves are now known to the people of the kingdom and they show no fear and no reluctance over the wolves. Some are even thrilled for their visit.

It wasn't that easy, I loved the kingdom, the throne and the people and I promised Landon's mom that the next queen wouldn't be a drag and she made me promise to help finding Landon one.

Over my success in stepping down of course it was the start of Landon's tribulation. It wasn't my decision to step down this quick but Landon's father had ordered for us to get done with it since its taking too long and the counsel has been wondering about where their queen has gone. It would be unfair to leave them hanging and Landon's father is avoiding the counsel and the people to speculate things. He'd rather the people hear it from me and despite Landon's protest, he was ignored and so I did what I had to do.

When I left the kingdom, I knew that I've done enough and I was surprised at how they had showered me support and how much they extended their gratitude. The high class of course didn't really care enough but the ones who used to be in the lower ranks and now in the middle class had said they owe it to my ruling the changes brought about in their lives and that's what matters.

8 out of 10 vamp families had chosen to return and leave the human world since we implemented better changes and the peace has been in order. What Landon's father thanked me for? He thanked me for bringing the people together as they pledge their loyalty to their kind and the kingdom.

I came back home as Lily and Eiffer await for me in the porch. As soon as she saw me, she came up running as I pick her up.

"I missed you mommy!"  I breathe her in as I kiss her in her cheeks.

"I missed you more baby. Have you been a good girl?" I asked and she nodded raising her hand.

"I promise, I was" She turned around behind me looking for someone.

"Where's daddy Landon?" she asked frowning as I set her back on her feet.

"He'll follow soon" I said as she nodded. I gave her one bag from my mom and its filled with candies and chocolates. Dolly came out as she greets me as Lilys attention focused on the candies. She knows her limits about having enough of sweets and we don't need to remind her, thanks to Dolly who had been telling her about how children's teeth could be in ruins for eating too much. They went ahead inside as Eiffer pulls me in a hug and kisses me roughly and torridly.