Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 20 [Somewhere In Between]

"Would you catch me if I fall out of what I fell in?/Don't be surprised if I collapse down at your feet again/I don't want to run away from this/I know that I just don't need this" - Lifehouse - Somewhere In Between

“Lilly.” Hayden murmured beside me on the bed his fingers pulling softly through my hair as we sat on the bed, the house silent and empty. I looked up as he sat across from me. We’d been quiet for a while now; I'd wandered off in thought again. “Stop procrastinating, just call.” I looked down at the phone in my hand. “Don’t deny it; you’ve got something to do. Now call him, I'm here. I promise it’ll be okay.” He soothed softly.

I exhaled sharply and dialed, inside I was pleading for nobody to answer.

On the fourth ring I receive a “Hello?” a male voice asked. I froze. “Hello?” after another pause he asked again a bit more frustrated “Hello? Anyone there?”

The phone slid out of my hands as a gasp escaped my unmoving lips. I buried my head into the sheets. He was just there, on the other side of the phone and I just couldn’t talk, I couldn’t connect. With my own father! How was I to know I’d be so scared and so weak? I thought tears sliding down my face.

It took me a couple moments to realized Hayden talking “Hello? Uh, yes. This is Geoff Stoker, Kate Bransen’s manager.” I blinked into the sheets, tears falling silently as I listened in to over the sobs. Hayden pausing at reasonable times. “Well, she’d like to arrange a meeting.” I blinked, glancing up totally stunned and moved by what Hayden was doing. I hung onto every word he said, trying to gauge how things were being received on the other end. I felt like I was experiencing an outer body experience. “Two days time, can you make it? Someone will be there to pick you up.” He said Hayden’s eyes on me the whole time, just watching. His eyes were soft and the blue was soothing, it almost made me smile at the husky gruff voice he was using as a disguise. “Are you willing?” he pulled his fingers through his hair, it was silent momentarily. “She has some things to discuss…..Why she couldn’t call herself? To be honest, I'm not sure. It’s not exactly my story to tell nor my news, personally I think she’s scared. But I know she needs to sort out some things.” I edged slightly towards Hayden, a tear slivered over my lips making me taste salt. “In all honesty sir she doesn’t know you will be coming if you accept that is.” He paused, reaching out and sitting his hand on the side of my face making myself nuzzle into his touch. “Why are you invited? Because Kate’s not the only one that needs you.” He answered honestly.

Tears slid down my face harder and quicker, my eyes closed with mixture of emotions. Kate needed to at least explain everything and I didn’t just want to know my past based on my mum’s side. For instance my hair, it wasn’t from mum’s side. I want to know who gave me wild and crazy red hair. I wanted to learn my roots. I gather what better way to do it than contacting my biological father and repaying my mother by giving her a chance to release her demons. I was greatly given the chance and I was now giving it to my mother. She needed it; I was beginning to learn how great it felt to deal with your demons as he weight was beginning to subside from within my heart. Sure I had a long way to go, but things were already looking up.

I however just couldn’t believe he was on the other end of the phone and I couldn’t connect, I couldn’t talk. Was it too late to make contact? Did he want me to make contact? Would it be like this even in person, with me unable to talk? I dint know if he’d freak or be disgusted or even yell. I was scared.

While I spun through millions of scary and heartbreaking possible scenarios Hayden cleared up many other details. Hanging up finally Hayden picked me up and bought me in against him, my face was shielded in his chest as his hands were wrapped around me protectively. Hayden sat his head on the top of my chin and his hands in my hair. Smile blanketed us for a long time.

“Hayden?” I whispered not even thinking of what I was saying. “If you could say one thing to your dad, what would it be?” I said softly inhaling deeply his mouth water scent as my voice broke.

He didn’t even stop to think when he answered “Thank you.” He whispered combing through my hair.

I frowned as I looked at his shirt “Not I love you?” I asked curiously pulling back.

He smiled faintly tugging softly on a curl of my hair “He already knows I do.” He murmured.

“Why thank you then?” I asked.

He pulled the curl behind my ear thoughtfully “Because I regret not saying it more than I should have. For all he did for me, for us.”

I smiled softly to myself “He already knows that.” I whispered. He raised an eyebrow softly; I grabbed his hand and sat it gently on his heart. “He’s a part of you; you never needed words to prove it. He knows; trust me when I say he knows.” My thumb stroked over his knuckle as Hayden shared with me a glance of tenderness, sadness and yet gratefulness.

He held my hand tighter and squeezed “I promise you baby I'm going to make you live with no regrets or “What ifs….”” He said softly. “I promise you you’ll get to know your father too, I promise.” He whispered.

I smiled faintly tears springing to my eyes “Hayden you don’t know that. He may hate me.”

He grabbed my hand “Lilly I won’t let him hurt you and if you do get hurt tell me, I'll stand by you I swear.” He whispered determinedly, his voice fierce with certainty and passion.

My bottom lip trembled “You’re too good to me.” I whispered as I closed my eyes.

“Lilly I didn’t and haven’t abandoned you. I won’t. No matter what I'll be here in one way or another.” He cooed as I leant in against him needing his support as he kissed my forehead.

“You’re just going to have to believe beautiful.”

________________________

Click the external link for my Facebook page 

So you guys know my drill; vote, comment, add to library, share and don't forget to fall in love ♥

-------------------------------------

All Rights Reserved 

Copyrighted Material © 

-------------------------------------