Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 18 [The Fake Sound of Progress]

"Somebody told me that I always have to bow/If that was true I would have fallen apart by now/The more you think the less you act that way/So canyou hear this, the fake sound of progress" - Lostprophets - The Fake Sound of Progress

We pulled up in my driveway. Slipping off the bike and almost collapsing again from the jelly legs, instantly Hayden’s arms snagged out and around my waist pulling me in. reaching up I pulled his helmet off and sat it on the bike. He slid mine off and held my gaze before he leant in and kissed my lips softly, lovingly.

“What’s the plan?” I whispered against his lips.

He pulled a strand of my hair behind me ear and tugged on it “Wait for Kate.” He murmured.

I smiled and took his hand as we practically ran up the front to door laughing. Opening the door I spun around and he leant in kissed me; I moved back pulling him along knocking into the furniture making me giggle, not that we cared as we were caught up in the hot firing kiss.

That was until a voice cleared, I lifted my head to see Sonny and also mum sitting on the lounge. I had forgotten about Sonny being here. I laughed weakly, blushing crimson as I stared anywhere but at them. Hayden chuckled low again wrapping his arms around my waist holding me close as he ran the back of his fingers down the side of my face. I couldn’t help but beamed up at him.

We stepped further into the white room, Hayden’s arm still wrapped around my waist. Seeing mum it all came back “Oh mum, I've got to tell you some things.”

She raised her eye brows looking pointedly at Hayden’s arm wrapped around me “I can tell.” She teased smiling back.

“It’s Hugo.” I began. She nodded. “He bought Sonny over here so I’d go back to Australia for telling her the truth. He wanted to either to split Sonny and I up so that’d I’d either leave or get into a fight with you.” I explained. “He locked me in the car park so I couldn’t tell you; I tried contacting you so many times.”

She blinked stunned “How’d he get you in the car park?” she asked bewildered.

“He grabbed me around the face and pushed me in.” I said shrugging. She tensed, freezing. “Uh-oh.” I said rushing to stand by her side. I sat down beside her squeezing her hand “It’s okay, I'm okay. Hayden got me.” I blushed the slightest at that; he really did get me.

She blinked in anger her fists clenching as her structure turned rigid “Where is he?!” she demanded trying to get up.

I grabbed her pulling her back down soothingly “Not yet, we’ve got to figure out how he got Sonny first.” All eyes turned to Sonny who sat confused on the couch beside mum. “How did you here?” I asked bewildered.

She blinked “I was sent a request for my second au pairing interviews over here with an actual family which was here; at the airport I met Hugo instead of who was meant to come and pick me up. Hugo didn’t say much just kept talking about you…and next thing I knew I was at Hayden’s.” she explained giving him a glance before looking back at me.

My eyes grew “Really? How did your first interviews go?” I asked excited.

She blinked before smiling just as happy “Oh great, real goo-“

“Girls!” Mum demanded scolding me and funnily enough I enjoyed being scolded for the first time from my actual mother.

I looked over at her biting my bottom lip “My bad.” I muttered.

“So what now?” I asked.

“I’ve got a plan.” Mum said smiling like the cherished cat.