Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 19 [I Wanna]

"I wanna, I wanna, I wanna touch you/You wanna touch me, too/Every day, but all I have is time/Our love's the perfect crime/I wanna, I wanna, I wanna touch you/You wanna touch me, too/Every way, and when they set me free/Just put your hands on me" - The All-American Rejects - I Wanna

-1 Month Later-

“What took you so long?” Sonny asked standing by the café door holding it open for us. She stood with Nat, multiple shopping bags already in their clutches with satisfied smiles.

“Um mum’s still pretty freaked, if anything clingy.” I admitted as Hayden and I reached them by the door.

“Yuck, annoying.” Son grimaced as if she’d tasted something sour and Nat rolled her eyes agreeing with a nod. I just smiled as the two girls screwed up their faces, to be honest I didn’t care, I was finally experiencing the things other kids hated and I actually loved it. I was cherishing every single thing done together right down to our arguments.

“So charges, court and no job for poor old Hugo?” Nat asked skipping through the opened door with mock sadness.

I nodded “Yup.”

Sonny smiled if anything devilishly “As deserved.”

I rolled my eyes although secretly agreeing; I mean he was going to put a bullet through my head! After he’d been knocked out unconscious the police where bought onto the building where they interviewed, did some scooping in dear Hugo’s belongings and we handed over the gun and tape recorder. Mum wanted to rip him to bits, mum and Anita had been flat our arranging the upcoming court case for the multiple things he was being charged against, my head just swam at the thought of the legal terminology both had bombarded me with. Luckily Hayden, who had grown up around it, held my hand the entire ride and translated all for me. Until the court case though Hugo was filed a restraining order, lost his job and spent a couple nights in a cell at the station until fed bail. Since then I have no idea of his whereabouts and truly don’t want to know. I was dreading the court case where I had to testify enough as it was.

A lot had happened over a month though, lots. Mum and I were as close as could be and secretly I knew I’d even put Sonny and her mum’s relationship to shame, I was experiencing pure bliss. I had called Garry and Kylie and explained practically and literally all, let’s just say they weren’t in the slightest comfortable with Hugo being on the same country as myself let alone city. I had also told them nervously that I was planning on staying here longer, not because of mum, not because of Hayden but because deep down I knew I had a lot more of soul searching and discovering of myself left and personally….I finally felt like I had found home. I think deep down they knew it was going to happen and in a bittersweet way they are happy that Kate is now labeled ‘mum’, I hated telling them the ugly truth of where they stood but I was adamant that I was not going to lie. I think in a way they knew, I think us all felt happy and strong feelings towards another but rather uncle and niece. I mean getting adopted at the age of six cancelled out the feeling of feeling like their daughter….it just didn’t fit. I kept in touch with them loads still and I loved them with all my heart. I was also secretly hoping that like me that when they came over in 3-6 months (whenever I'm settled in) that they’d fall in love with the area like myself and retire here.

“We’ll go order them.” Sonny declared excitedly jumping up and heading to the counter with Nat following happily.

Sonny and Nat had instantly clicked. They were instantly claimed as my two best friends, they were amazing and no matter what we talked about I felt giddy with happiness. They were so different but so amazing. Sonny with her anger spurts and Nat with her constant smile and eccentric attitude.