Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 11 [Someone To Save You]

"Honesty/Is what you need/It sets you free/Like someone to save you/Let it go/But hurry though/There's undertow/And I don't want to lose you" -OneRepublic - Someone To Save You

Padding out into the white room the next morning Kate stood by the coffee table skimming through boxes as she chatted on the phone. She looked up catching my eye and smiled.

I returned a smile and went and grabbed a glass of water than I dashed into the bathroom and had a quick but vamping shower.

Padding back into the white room the room was lit up just from the sun falling through the wide windows that exposed an amazing view.

Kate sighed, I looked over as she opened the next box. I walked over and looked around her; there were piles of items; electronics, beauty products, jewellery, movies, CDs, clothing, and the list just went on. I frowned in confusement.

“Freebies.” She explained, I just nodded. “I get them a air bit. I usually put them in three sections; keep, give to friends and then donate.” She said ticking them off her finger. She looked around her and then pulled out something from the electronic pile. “Here.” She said holding out her hand, I took it than looked down. It was one of the latest mobiles, one that was only just released in the US let alone Australia. It was highly expensive, I felt so poor and dumb to be holding it. How do you even turn it into? “It’s got net and call and all and also music and all those other fancy features.” She explained.

“I couldn’t.” I said handing it back.

She brushed me off “It’s for free, I’ve already got one and you’ll need one, yours won’t work.” I stood still, unsure of what to do or say as I still had my hand outstretched towards her. “Here.” She said taking it. “I'll add my number.” She said her fingers flying across the screen. “Dang, it’s a photo one.”

I smiled “Don't like photos?” I quizzed.

She looked up with a grimace “Can be overrated.” She mumbled.

I laughed “Great career choice.” I mocked, she laughed.“Come one photo.” I insisted.

“Not by myself.” She whined.

“C’mon!” I pleaded.

She smiled “Only if you come in the photo with me.” She bargained, I nodded as it was my only chance.

She did it quickly and professionally; I guess she had the experience from all the quick and forceful fans

“There.” She said setting it. “Now,” she said breathless “onto serious matters.” I looked up instantly. “I’ve got to go out, and I can't say when I’ll be back. Maybe later afternoon, tea time. I'm not sure.” She said. I nodded keeping my face straight and trying to be understanding.“I'm so sorry baby.” She said, guilt covered in her tone and face.

I smiled reassuringly “It’s okay. I can go down to the beach and pool right?”

She smiled weakly “Sure, just keep me updated.” I nodded. She sighed “I'm not going too flash at this parenting thing am I?” she muttered.

I squeezed her hand “You’re a natural.” I whispered.

“Thanks baby.” She said kissing my forehead; my body warming. She stood up “Give me a buzz if needed.” She called as she rushed to the door. “Oh, money is on the counter. It’s a fair bit but you never know, you may just find a great pair of jeans.” She teased. I smiled and she left the house.

Looking down I read her contact details on my phone:

Name: Mum X

I smiled.