Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 14 [Real Thing]

"'Cause this is the real thing/Love changes everything/This is night when every heart's exploding/The real thing/Slow down; it's happening/'Cause you got time to burn/In the heat of the moment/That summer radio/Fireworks off the patio/A 3 AM string of green lights in a row/And the real thing/Love can change anything/If you can just let go" - Boys Like Girls - Real Thing

“No.” I groaned collapsing on the lounge, “I don’t know what to do!” it was the next day near lunch time. I was in my black skinny jeans and a deep purple singlet, my checkered black and white converse sat on my feet hanging over the arm rest and I was just…bored. I was still debating on what to do for the day. “I don’t know.” I whined like a five year old my arm lying over my eyes as I sulked.

Mum laughed at my behavior and walked to the front door, answering it. She talked happily for quite a while as I laid there in my own world humming softly to myself happily my mind stuck on these gorgeous blue eyes and a gorgeous smile.

I jumped squealing when something grabbed my foot causing me to fling up on the lounge. Someone chuckled a low and sexy familiar chuckle. I looked up at him or more blinked as he smiled with a smug smirk. “You!” I pointed at him clutching my chest breathlessly. “Are mean.” I said my heart soothing slightly.Mum laughed at my reaction as she stood over by the dining table as she scanned papers and began skimming over them her face turning serious. Odd I decided.

“What are you doing?” he asked before I could ask him the same thing.

“She doesn’t know nor can she choose.” Mum answered still with a furrowed brow and eyes on the forms.

I bit my bottom lip and shrugged “Any suggestions?”

“Wanna spend the day with me? You can come and meet some of our crew, hopefully.” He offered.

I instantly wanted to but mum… I looked over at her. “Nah, go. I’ve got to handle this stuff since Hayden’s mum dropped these around.” She said holding up the pile of paperwork she had been concentrating one. Hayden’s mum? Interesting….

“If you’re sure…” I said unsure, I didn’t want be an awful daughter. This was just as new to me as it was to her.

She rolled her eyes “Get!” she shooed with mocking sternness.

I smiled wide “Hold two seconds?” I asked turning towards Hayden.

He nodded smiling happily “Yeah, I'll meet ya out front.” He said gesturing to the driveway.

I practically raced to my room where I grabbed my phone off the charger sliding it into my pocket. I patted my neck; necklace still there. I than patted my wrist; bracelet still there. Walking back into the white room with a black clutch of mine mum gestured me over and handed me a fifty “Just in case.” She explained, I slipped it into my clutch.

“Thanks! I'll call you when I'm on my way back or anything like that.” I said heading for the door.

She nodded smiling “Sure, have fun!” she called out as I headed out the front door.

“Okay.” I said taking off the helmet as we came to a stop in the driveway of a house. I slid off and stumbled; instantly Hayden reached out and caught my wrist to stable me. I laughed weakly as currents ran up my arm. He was always there to catch me. “Thanks.” I said weakly.

He let go and sadly I reached up and pulled off my helmet handing it over to him. Once he was ready he got off and grabbing me by the wrist he tugged me up to the house.

I had no idea what he meant when he said “crew” so I just had to wait and see, my nerves destroying me. Hopefully I found out before they killed me.