Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 13 [What About Now]

"What about now?/What about today?/What if you're making me all that I was meant to be?/What if our love never went away?/What if it's lost behind words we could never find?/Baby, before it's too late/What about now?" - Daughtry - What About Now

Standing in the bathroom I blinked countless times, amazed at how well I’d scrubbed up. The dress sat perfectly, my hair hung out in its huge thick curls. My shoes were flats that matched the color of my dress, not that they were visible with a full length dress. My clutch was a simple black and it had a glitter effect to it. The only jewelry I had on was a chunky silver butterfly ring. My makeup was highly limited; foundation and some smoky eyes, my pale pink lips holding a shine. Although this was the class for royalty almost I was in something simple and yet it was elegant and beautiful in its own way.

Putting everything in my clutch and spraying on perfume I slid from the bathroom cautious of the train on my dress, the tiniest train I’d ever see that you wouldn’t call it a train. I made that mistake with the shop owner. Who knew fashion designers were so….critical? I mean, it’s only clothes.

Rounding the corner Kate instantly gasped, I laughed slightly trying to cover the blush and the smile that I held, smiling because I felt good enough for her with such a reaction. “Baby.” She said.

“If you cry….” I warned holding up a hand.

“Photos is all I insist.” She said beaming as if it was our school formal or my first date.

I smiled teasingly “I don’t do photos alone.”

“Okay deep breaths.” She said doing just that. I watched her amused, I surprisingly wasn’t nervous. I held out my hand, she looked down than back up at me before smiling wide and stepping out of the car together hands held.

Kate was stunning in a simple black dress that was sleeveless but came right up to her neck; however the cleavage was the cut up the side of the dress giving a glimpse to everyone of her long sexy legs. Her hair was in some loose stunning bun with smoky eyes, natural lips and teardrop earrings that glistened.

“Baby,” she whispered her nerves showing “I’ve got something for you.” I blinked up at her puzzled. “This is yours; it was to be yours if I…changed my mind. To give to when you’d grown up I guess.” She said tears pricking the both of our eyes as she pulled out a silver chain, a long chain with a heart locket attached with floral and vine detail etched into the heart. She slid it over my neck and it sat perfectly the heart nestled in between my cleavage due to its length.

I held it to my body trying not to break “Thanks.” I whispered. She hugged me tight, inhaling deeply before pulling back and kissing the top of my head.

“Let’s get in there.” She gestured.

I’d never been to a place that had a valet let alone had I been to a restaurant. The restaurant’s name I had forgotten and honestly I didn’t even want to try it. Just by the name of it trying to roll off my tongue did it feel too sophisticated and glamorous to leave my tongue. The name was some other language and just by the fancy words of this restaurant I instantly knew that tonight was going to be one culture shock. And I was right. Getting to the restaurant we had to stop at a huge and wide iron gate with the restaurant’s name in calligraphy branded into the fence, it was there were we spoke into the speaker to a security member giving them a name and we were allowed in once going over the bookings list. The drive up to the restaurant was kind of, okay seriously done over, I felt like we were welcoming the queen. Huge palm trees, flowers, shrubs and dazzling lights were on either side of the long road that led up to the top of a hill that viewed out to the sea and the city yet highly private with such a wide amount of land they owned. We than parked and the valet took it from there. Outside it was a huge marble and brick building with elegant exterior designs and detail. Steps led up into the restaurant and stepping inside everything was of pure elegance. The foyer we stepped into had marbled floors, gold trimmings and railings coupled with a red theme of love seats and drapes. Stepping in further we reached the barista and she directed us into the “waiting room”, who knew restaurants had those? In there it was a snug room with a stone fireplace, more red love seats, and marbled floors with elegant and huge rugs on the floor. The walls were covered in famous and expensive paintings and above us hung elegant chandeliers. And this was only the waiting room.