Chapter XX: Open Arms

Adam took Evangeline in and took care of her by the moments. As days pass, Adam treasured her and welcomed her open arms as his own, daughter. They seem to live happily like a real father and daughter, until one night when Evangeline wept and reminded him of his father. She stated that one time, they had a picnic at the grasslands, with only her and her twin sister as the children at their uncle's picnic. As soon as they were ready, they didn't notice she was with them, and they her off that evening. As Adam heard her story, he treated her by going out to the park.

     Arriving, Evangeline wanted some cotton candy. Old enough to go off on her own, she promises to meet Adam at the plaza. At the moment, Adam kept tooking at his reflection by the water. As he looked closer, he saw the reflection of Dr. Wilson, who had actually been beside him the whole time. Adam notices this as Dr. Wilson began running away from him. The two ensue a chase around the park as they end up sitting on a bench by the plaza. Adam thanked Dr. for the discount, as Dr. Wilson stated that, it was enough for him to give. Later, Adam began questioning him about his performance as a doctor, even arriving late in emergency's. Adam scolded him by telling him to look onto his eyes, but Dr. Wilson tries to forcingly stop himself from crying. Adam got angry once again and was agitated by the dumb doctor. Adam kept complaining until Dr. Wilson gave way. Dr. Wilson cried alot as he explained everything to him.

" I'm so sorry sir! I'm sorry of my mistakes!!! I'm sorry I can't *sniff* see you... *sniff* *sniff* My right eye... Is blind *sniff* and I can only see through my left... *sniff* "  

     Adam was confused, he stared at the black eye that the doctor had, Adam felt really guilty for it.

Dr. Wilson:

" I... I-I, I tried hard to cope on with you, but I'm still sorry... "

Adam:

" Well, you should just be! You freaking did your worst time in arriving!!! You eve-- "

Dr. Wilson:

" SHUT UP SIR!!! Listen! When you called, I was in the West Medical Center for my wife!!! She was also caught in the accident too!! I was kilometers away from her and she had trauma of me leaving her!!! Don't you get it?!?! I left my wife succumbing to her trauma and killing her for you and I even lost my own daughter at the crash!!!... Everyting I had was lost... I lost my daughter weeks back... And now, my other daughter as well as my wife... *sniff* *sniff* "

Storyline: 

     After the drama, Adam was left frozen in his tracks. He felt extremely guilty on what he had done to the doctor. Adam was paralyzed by the words of Dr. Wilson about his life story. As Evangeline arrives at the scene, Adam un-froze and checked on her if she was okay. With tears still running down the cheeks of Dr. Wilson, he pulled back his sniffing and gazed at the girl. As he recognized the girl, he yells in question "Evangeline?" Evangeline turned her back onto Wilson as she heard the familiar voice and face of the person. "Daddy? Is that really you???" Evangeline replied as her heart was pounding with sadness as they reunite. "Daddy! Daddy!" Evangeline left Adam's side and hugs Wilson. It was a tearful reunion for the two as they were separated though a coure of time. After their reunion, Evangeline briefly introuces Adam to her true father, where Mr. Wilson accepts Adam in open arms as he thanks him for finding and taking care of her for the moment. After a treat the proud doctor had for Adam, he thanks them and headed home. Reminiscing the old memories with his daughter-treated girl, he smiles with tears as he reunites a family, realizing that despite he tore a family apart, but gave a man something that made him realize he hadn't lost everything.