Chapter III: The First Attempt

The hallways were indeed quite silent. The non-emergency personel kept having emergency meetings at the basement conference room due to some difficulties on the hospital maintenance. The harsh weather outside filled the atmosphere inside with a sense of safety and coziness. The newly weds had sacrificed their honeymoon for the love of Rachelle's caring grandmother. They slept with ease as Sarafina cleans Kiara's flawless face with warm water. She went to check on everything before she decided to leave the room for the reception.

     Sarafina left the room as she went to the night reception to get an admission slip for the family to sleep in for an entire night. Johhny and Sapphira were already in deep sleep outside by the hallway benches...

     The door opens, a cloaked-figure walks in slowly as it walked toward the asleep, innocent lady. The masked person pats Kiara slowly as the phantom-like person attempted to kill the mistress. The killer pulled out a sharp and shiny knife, as it slowly raised it up into the air. The doorknob then turned back and forth as the killer's plan was to be carried out. The mysterious person did its phantom moves as it mysteriously vanished into thin air. The sleeping woman never noticed a single touch, as the killer's plot to kill her nearly succeeded. Nurses enter the room and went to check on Kiara's status and equipment mainenance, part of the emergency meeting to replace worn-out equipment...