Chapter 16

~~~ Hope you enjoy this long chapter! :) ~~~

I had just gotten down to the diner when Jonny sent me a text.

4/28/14 17:53

I'll be there in a minute! Can't wait to see you :*

- Jonny

I smiled and quickly stuffed my phone into my bra. Yeah, I know... Bra? Well, I hate purses and this was the only alternative that I really had! I sighed and sat there looking at the door waiting for Jonny to come in in all his glory. I got really happy when I saw him walk up and open the door. When he came into the diner he looked at me and his amazing brown eyes instantly got wide raising his, eyebrows, "Jessie... Jess... You... You're... Wow... You're beautiful. You look amazing."

I took in Jonny's apparel. He had on Khakis, a blue and white plaid t-shirt and a navy blue blazer on. Fuck. He looked good, "You too Jonny. You look really nice and sharp!" I bit my lip and studied him even more. Ah, he's... God damn... Wow...

"Why thank you, Jessie... Now... Would you like to go to dinner," He asked held his hand out for me to take. I nodded and happily took his hand. Jon's hand was much larger than mine. And warm, don't forget warm. I think that's my favorite feature about him; he's always warm.

On the way out he happily held the door for me, "Thank you Jonny." He smiled and nodded as an answer.

"So Jess, Have you heard about any of your internships yet," Jonny questioned and grabbed my hand again as we walked to his car.

"No, honestly I haven't. I have a feeling that one of them will be at a hospital clinic. And the other one... I have no clue... I mean for all I know they could stick me at a front desk somewhere," I told him and let out a little laugh.

"They wouldn't do that to you Jess! They couldn't ruin your talent! You've spent many years in college! If you're going to have a job... it better be for exactly what you've gone to school for. It's what you deserve," Jonny exclaimed and swung the passenger door opened for me.

"Thank you, Jonny! You're such a gentleman," I told him sweetly and slid into the car before he slammed the door shut. I quickly slung the seat belt across my body, buckling it as Jonny slid into the driver's seat of the car.

He smiled over at me, putting on his seatbelt while mumbling, "Hey, is Italian good for you, Jess? Or would you like anything else?"

"Nah, Jonny, Italian is perfectly fine," I replied with a smile and then looked forward as he pulled out of his parking spot.

"Okay... So, first I really want to congratulate you," He started and reached to grab my hand, bringing it up to his mouth, "You're going to graduate! You're going to be able to do what you love."

I smiled at him and continued to hold his hand as the two of us sat there in a comfortable silence while he drove. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know how to feel. Is he just being a really good friend? Did that kiss even really mean anything to him?

"I-I uh... Thank you Jonny. I'm still sorry about you guys losing last night," I informed and looked over at him.

He had a hard look on his face as he looked ahead at the road and he clearly tensed, "I... Ah... Yeah... It was hard... But, I can't dwell! In order to get ready for next season I can't dwell on what happened on the ice last night. I can't fix that now. So I guess... Yeah..."

"I'm sorry if I made you think about it again," I told him quietly and looked down at my lap, in embarrassment.

Jonny's hold on my hand got tighter, "Hey! Jess... No, when you're around... It doesn't matter. All I can do is concentrate on your beauty. Don't you ever think that you could make me be upset because of something you said."