Chapter 12

4/4/14 18:07

I'm sorry Jessie. Please forgive me! I didn't mean to hurt you. Can I make it up to you?

- Jonny

I smiled down at my ipod. Relief over took my body. And it felt so damn good. It felt like I could finally relax, like there weren't any other problems in this world. "Sue... He just asked if he could make it up to me," I exclaimed and looked up at her and smiled directly at her.

"Say yes! Heck! Ask if he has free time tomorrow! You get off at 12 tomorrow, right? That gives you all afternoon and Night! See! Don't you like having someone else working at the diner and being able to take your shifts? You get a little more free time," She smiled back with excitement playing all over her face.

I nodded at her in return and smiled lightly before looking back at my ipod and smiling brightly at it. Gah! It makes me feel better now that he's sorry. And he's being genuine about it!

4/4/14 18:10

Well, I get off of work at the diner tomorrow at 12... Any time after that I'm opened if you are.

- Jessie

"Okay. I just texted him when I'm opened. I doubt that he'll be opened... But I guess we'll see," I replied with a small smile as I looked up at Sue from my ipod. She had a smile on her face, one that was approving. It's such a great feeling. My parent's never gave me that look. They always wanted me to just work on the damn farm.

Hey, maybe I'll have enough money for a phone sometime soon... Especially since I'm not paying rent... As Soon as I get enough money after graduation, I'm paying Sue and Tony back. I honestly feel wicked bad about it, like I'm mooching off of Tony and Sue. What happens when their son, Brian, comes home from college? I'll probably be sleeping on the couch. Which is okay. He deserves to have his own room. My thoughts were interrupted when I got a text.

4/4/14 18:14

Sure! I'll come at 11:30 and grab a coffee or something. Then we can go out to lunch or something. Sound good to you?

- Jonny

"He said sure... And that we can go to lunch after I get off," I told Sue and smiled, baring my white teeth at her. On the outside I looked calm... but on the inside I was screaming and overly happy.

"Ahh," She started as she leaned back on the couch with her head behind her hands, "Love is in the air! Don't ya love it, Jessie?"

"I guess," I giggled and typed out a reply to Jon.

4/4/14 18:16

Yeah. That sounds good! See you then Jonny :)

- Jessie

The next 17 hours went by really quick. At about 11 I started to get really anxious and jumpy as I served customers. I didn't know if he wasn't gonna show up again or not. I was definitely scared about that. That was definitely something that I kept in the back of my mind the whole time. We had a lunch rush and I was running around, so luckily I had something to keep my mind off it, as least for a little bit. And as if on the dot Jonny came bounding through the front doors at 11:30.

"Hey Jessie," He greeted walking by me as I gave someone the food that they had ordered. I was in slight shock, because wow! He actually came!

"Hi Jonny! I'll be right with you," I returned with a smile and a slight sigh of relief. 'He actually came' was the only thing that ran through my mind. That makes me a little happier, he actually came.

"Is there anything else I can get you guys," I asked the people at the table in front of me. They all seemed to be in shock that Jonathan Toews had just walked in, speechlessly shaking their heads. I giggled and walked over to the counter where Jonathan was sitting looking at something on his phone.

"Hey Jonny! What can I get for ya today," I asked and placed both of my hands on the counter, leaning to look at him dead in the eyes when he looked up. Ah, those beautiful brown eyes!

He looked up, meeting my eyes and smiled at me before replying, "A water is good actually. How are you Jessie? How was your day off?"

I smiled and poured him some water, "I'm pretty good. And my day off was very nice and well needed. I also got a lovely note from a very nice and attractive guy." He's so awesome. So completely awesome.

Jon gave me a smirk and replied, "Oh, really? I wonder who he is! Did he at least send you flowers? A real man sends his girl flowers!"

I blushed. I'm his girl! He said I'm his girl. Oh god. What is Jonny doing to me!? I mentally started to freak out but somehow kept my cool on the outside. He couldn't see my freak-out. That'd be giving him way too much credit.

"Yeah, he did! How do you know," I asked and smiled brightly at him as he continued giving me a smirk. His lips looked so perfect and smooth.

"Hmm, I wonder," He replied, voice soaking of sarcasm. Gah, that smirk. So attractive.

"Anyways, how are you today Jonny," I asked and continued smiling at him. His brown eyes were bearing at me. He's so adorable.

"Really good, actually! I'm going to be taking a lovely girl out on a date in oh about," he quickly looked down at his watch, "26 minutes!"

"That sounds really cool! This girl seems really lucky, eh," I asked and giggled a little. Why are we talking in third person?

Jonny's smile got brighter when I said 'eh'. "Oh yeah... But more importantly... I'm a lucky guy! Because I've gotten a second chance. I'm sorry for my fuck up Jessie."

I sighed and smiled at him, "its okay Jonny. I get it. Besides your career comes before me! I mean, yes I was a little mad because, you're text did not come through. But I guess it's all good now!"

"So then it didn't go through!? Oh man! Here I prove to you that I did," He exclaimed and fumbled with his phone. Before I could protest he was showing me the screen.

4/2/14 17:53

Hey Jessie! I got held up at the Charity event tonight. So I can't make it... Can we go out another night, maybe? Have a good night!

- Jonny

"It's alright, Jonny... Aye! I'll be right back I gotta go give table 15 their food," I told him and quickly turned around to put their food on my try.

Once I did I quickly rushed over to their table and placed their food in front of them, "Alright guys! Is there anything else I can get you guys today?"

The man and the woman shook their heads. And I smiled at them before replying, "Enjoy your food guys!"

"Thank you," the man thanked throwing me a smile.

"Anyways, what do you have planned for us this lovely afternoon," I asked Jonny as I walked on the other side of the counter, smiling brightly at him. His brown eyes looked so perfect, so shimmery and happy... And what is it... Lust, maybe?

"Oh that's a surprise! But one this is for sure! You're gonna love it," He told me with a smile playing on his face.

~~~ Sorry I didn't update yesterday! It was a really busy day! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)