Chapter 14

Over the next few weeks, Dom and Jackie had spent every night talking via skype. Jackie loved the fact that she could still see him, but hated that she couldn't touch him. She longed to be able to feel his arms around her again. Each time they signed off they both declared their love for one another. Jackie could see in Dom's eyes the deep emotional connection that he felt with her and it sent electricity pulsating through her bloodstream. She was beginning to let down her guard a little more each time they spoke as she became more comfortable with the fact that she was Dominick Tyrell's girlfriend. Dom had mentioned that he would send over more tickets, But Jackie had refused saying that the least she could do was buy the next round trip. The airline had a sale on flights to Sydney with flights being in the next 2 weeks and Jackie knew she could afford them without having to dip into her savings.

Dom's racing career had started to take off. Dom had been able to finish in the top 10 in most races. This was unusual for rookie drivers to be able to handle the kinds of pressure that street racing can deliver and all the motor-racing journalists were talking about him. Dominick Tyrell was becoming a household name for most racing enthusiasts. The next official race meeting would be when Jackie was going to be there. Dom was excited to be able to take her with him to see exactly what he was doing and show her behind the scenes. All the other drivers had their significant others with them and Dom's heart pined to have the love of his life there to support him during race day.

Jackie jumped with excitement as Dom had asked her to join him that week-end, as she was dying to see Dom in his element, on and off the race track. She was apprehensive about how the racing crew would accept her being in pit lane. She was also worried about how she would be able to cope if anything bad happened. She had watched the Australian race scene on TV before with Rose as they ate popcorn, pizza and wine and cheering for their favorite drivers, which were usually the most good-looking ones. But Jackie knew that watching on the screen and actually being there, in amongst all the action, would be two very different experiences. Not to mention that she actually had a vested interest this time and the stakes were a lot higher.

"Oh my god I cannot believe that you are actually living my dream fantasy!" Rose squealed as Jackie told her what the plans were for that week-end and why she couldn't make their usual Saturday night escapades. "And with my dream man."

"Please don't say that I have to watch you around Dom. It's bad enough that I'm going to have to fend off the race groupies." Jackie playfully swiped a hand in Rose's direction as she sat in the chair opposite her in her office.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be there knocking them down beside you. I am so happy for you. You deserve to finally have some happiness in your life." Rose beamed a huge smile and Jackie could tell that Rose was sincere.

Jackie felt grateful that she had been able to open up to Rose and share what's happening with someone. Rose had been discreet too which Jackie was also thankful for.

Bing

An email notification had just popped up on Jackie's computer screen. She could see that it was from Philip Tyrell and her heart stopped beating for a split second.

"What is it?" Rose could see the look of dread flash across Jackie's face.

"It's from Philip Tyrell." Jackie stuttered. "He has never sent me an email. They have usually always gone to Luke."

"Do you want me to stay while you open it?"

"No, I'm sure it's just a request for a transaction or something like that. I'll be fine."

"Okay. Yell out if you need help with anything."

"Thanks Rose."

Jackie waited until Rose had left the office before she opened the email.