Chapter 13

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to Sydney Airport. Local time is 8.35pm and the temperature is currently 18C. On behalf of Air New Zealand and the entire crew, I'd like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we look forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. We hope you have a nice evening."

Jackie wasn't sure if the butterflies in her stomach were from the descent into Sydney or if they were nerves. She still wasn't sure if she was doing the right thing but knew that if she saw Dom it would all become clearer. The thought of seeing him again sent chills down her spin and she had the biggest grin on her face the whole trip. Even the flight attendant had recognized that she was travelling to see someone special.

Her knees felt weak as she walked along the air bridge towards customs. This was going to be agonizing. Remembering Rose's advice she had ticked that she had something to declare and noticed that this line was definitely shorter than all the rest. She had purposefully placed a packaged snack bar into her handbag so that she had something to show them. Rose had mentioned that packaged food wasn't actually a big deal and it would just be confiscated. Jackie had packed light and only had her carry-on luggage. She was only going to be there for the week-end. Dom had organized everything so that she wouldn't have to miss any time at work, booking the latest flight out of Auckland airport on Friday night and the latest possible on Sunday. She was thankful that they were business class tickets and could be changed if required.

Extending the handle on her small suitcase, she headed towards the exit. It seemed like a long walk that took forever. She grew more anxious with each step and had to stop to catch her breath before she rounded the last corner to face the hoards of people waiting for their loved ones.

Searching the crowds of unfamiliar faces she saw one of the black boards soaring high above the crowd with "Miss J Prescott" written on it. She made a b-line towards the sign and felt the anxiety rise as she anticipated seeing golden wavy locks and bright blue eyes. Disappointment washed over her when all she saw was an older man dressed in a suit.

"Hello, I'm Jackie Prescott." She announced as she walked up to the stranger.

"Hello Miss Prescott. Do you have any other luggage?" the man asked looking confused at the small suitcase she was trailing behind her.

"Um, no. Just this."

"Right this way ma'am."

After taking the handle of her case, the older gentleman gestured with his hand towards the exit closest to them. As Jackie headed out the automatic doors she pulled the light cardigan around her shoulders as the cool breeze swept over her sending a shiver down her spine. In front of her she saw a black limousine parked in the loading bay. "Wow there must be some kind of celebrity arriving today." She thought.

The older man in the suit walked over to the door of the limousine and opened it for her then gestured for her to take a seat. Jackie couldn't believe it was for her. "Are you sure you have the right person?" she asked. "I'm Jackie Prescott, A guest for Dominick Tyrell?"

Suddenly a head popped out from behind the door and Jackie's heart started to sing. Dom's golden blonde locks were waving about carelessly in the breeze, his eyes shone like the most beautiful sapphires she had ever seen, and his face was lit up by a smile that matched her own. "Are you going to join me or stand out there all night?"

Jackie felt all the worry and anxiety that she had been carrying with her evaporate. She raced towards him as he stood up out of the back of the vehicle and jumped into his arms. She felt relief rush through her every nerve as she recognized the security of his arms encasing her body. He was squeezing her so tight she thought she would be crushed but she didn't care. Placing both hands on either side of his head she placed her lips on his. He responded with a resounding yes as she invited him to search the very depths of her mouth. Losing herself in the familiarity of his scent she felt tears welling up in her eyes.