Part 2 - Chapter One

Jackie Prescott thought today was going to be like any other day at the office. It started off just like any other day, she woke at the normal time and managed to get to the gym before work. She had plenty of time to stop at her usual coffee shop to grab a cappuccino before heading into the office. She needed the caffeine hit to get through the mundane morning staff meetings that were held before the doors of the bank opened. After the meeting there was the usual banter between staff, and clicking of the keyboards, as they hurried to get the money stations set up, ready for the rush of the early bird customers that were already lined up outside.

As Jackie walked back towards her office she was thinking about all the work she had to do that day. She had seen a young couple late yesterday afternoon that had just seen the perfect house and needed the finance to purchase it, approved by the end of today. Sitting down behind her desk she reached down and turned on her computer. As the computer whirred into life, she opened up her cupboard and stared at the pile of work in her tray.

"I need to see someone now about investments."

Jackie turned to see what the commotion was all about. She could see the flustered looks on the tellers' faces. It was Dominick Tyrell. The son of Philip Tyrell, the owner of Tyrell Developments, One of the biggest property development companies in the country. Dominick was considered something of a greek god amongst the staff, and they were always falling over themselves to help him in any way they could when he came into the bank. He was about 6ft tall, with golden curly hair that always looked like it was just a little too long. He had a solid frame that was dressed impeccably in a crisp white shirt and dark blue denim jeans. The shirt showed off his bronzed skin. It was obvious he worked out often, but Jackie thought that the converse high tops looked a bit out of place.

Luke, the branch manager, came running out of his office. "Dom, How are you?" Luke asked with such a cheesy grin that Jackie thought his face would split.

'Great Luke,' Dominick replied with familiarity. Dominick knew Luke from the many functions that they had both attended. These functions were always about entertaining the big clients and making them feel like they are the most important people in the world. As Dominick was heir to the Tyrell fortunes, he was also invited along to the functions. Being similar in age, the conversation between them was easy. It was like they were old school mates.

"I just need to have a chat about investment options. I have some funds coming in soon and I want to know what options I have.'

'Sure thing Dom. Unfortunately I am just on my way out the door to another meeting in the city. I do have someone else who is very capable of being able to help you out today. If you don't mind?"

Jackie knew Luke was talking about her and she slowly slid a little further down in her chair.

"I do need to talk to someone today as the funds are due to come through overnight into my account."

"Great!, I'll just see if Jackie is free. She is my protégé and I have every confidence that she will be able to tailor something to suit your needs"

Jackie cringed as she heard her name. She was extremely busy and had actually booked herself out of the diary this morning so she could catch up. Jackie had seen Dominick a few times in the branch and didn't find him as drop dead gorgeous as the other girls in the office. In fact she thought he was pompous and arrogant, and felt a little peeved at the thought of having to drop everything else just to keep him happy.

Luke strolled into her office. 'Jackie, I have Dominick Tyrell out here and he ....'

'I heard,' Jackie interrupted. 'Can't someone else see him?'