Chapter 33 - Puzzle Pieces

Rhea groaned as she rubbed her face against a flat surface. It was somebody's bare chest. "Oh shit," she gasped realizing she was sleeping next to Warren Biel. How? How did she end up in the same bed as him? Rhea quickly checked herself. No bra, no pants, just a long white t-shirt and her underwear. Oh, this was bad. Really bad. Did they have sex last night?

Rhea cursed her life. Pulling herself up, she scanned the room for her clothes. They were nowhere to be seen. Instead, a pair of shorts were tossed across the floor and a suit disorderly thrown on the single sofa.

"Oh no, no, no, no, no!" Rhea covered her mouth. How could she let this happen? How could she let the idiot take advantage of her? Did he even give her a choice? Did he try to reason with her or did he just pounce on the opportunity? Her eyes glistened thinking about the first time she lost her virginity. It wasn't fun. Everything ached the morning after and her heart was full of regret.

"Hey," Warren's voice distracted her.

Rhea faced him, just as a tear trickled down her face. It caught him off guard.

"Are you okay?" Warren asked quickly sitting up. He stretched his arms out and brought her in for her a hug. How many times had she been tangled up in their sinful hold? Oh god. Oh dear god!

"Don't freak out," said Warren. "We didn't have sex."

Rhea sniffled. "We didn't?"

"We didn't," he assured. "Although you pretty much were asking for it."

Rhea felt her heartbeats quicken and her blood boil. "I did not!" she yelled facing him. "I mean, I wouldn't. Why the hell would I?"

Warren laughed. "Let's talk about this when your memories comes back."

"What the hell does that mean?" Rhea asked getting angry. Okay, so she drank a lot, and then the suit-wearer showed up at the bar. He was he designated driver. But how? Why? Rhea's head throbbed as a piece of the puzzle clicked into place. There was a bartender. A hot bartender who was horrible at his job, he offered her drinks and listened to her life problems. Rhea spilled everything to a complete and total stranger. He was the one who called the suit-wearer.

Warren got out from under the sheets, revealing his muscular features. He was so good looking. Lord, why was he so good looking? Rhea couldn't keep her eyes off him.

"There is an extra toothbrush under the sink if you want to use it," he said making his way into the bathroom and closed the door behind him. Rhea listened to him turn on the faucet and run the water. Her headache persisted causing another piece of the puzzle to click into place. Warren brought Rhea back to the penthouse because he didn't want to deal with Tegan in the morning. Rhea played Beyoncé and danced around the suit-wearer. Water was accidentally spilled over her and that motivated her to strip down to her underwear.

"Fantastic," Rhea complained bashing her head into a pillow. Getting up, she went on a search for her clothes before more embarrassing memories found their way back. How the hell was she supposed to face Warren after that? Where did she have the nerve to worry about him taking advantage of her when she was the one throwing herself at him? Rhea had endured a lot of humiliation over the years, but this was the cherry on top.

Run, her indicts told her, run far and hard.

Moving into the living area, Rhea spotted her shirt and pants spread across the floor. "For fucksake," she breathed quickly slipping back into them. After picking her purse off the sofa, she was ready to head for the elevators, but Warren caught her midway.

"And where do you think you're going?" he asked holding her shoulders. He was wearing a fitted shirt now but Rhea could still admire the shape of his firm chest. She dropped her head in shame at the thought of it. It was all so fucking humiliating.