Chapter 21 - Knocked Out

Rhea couldn't believe her eyes. Tegan was on the dance floor, her arms wrapped around Scott Trevor. What the hell was she thinking? More importantly, why was Scott Trevor at Nanaleech's Gala? Who invited him? Which idiot decided to bring him as their plus one? Tegan wasn't supposed to see that loser ever again and if she did, it was only to rip his fucken heart out! Not dance with him!

"I should never have left her unsupervised," Rhea thought aloud.

Christian Lu walked out of the balcony, his eyes sternly watching Tegan in Scott Trevor's arms. Shit, he did not look happy. Hopefully he wouldn't make a scene. Rhea quickly moved to where the jerk was. Maybe she could keep him distracted until the song ended. Tegan's feelings were brewing for the two-faced prick but if he gave her another reason to be mad at her, she might kill him.

"What happened?" Rhea asked the sulking Lu.

Christian turned to face her, his eyes growing stiff. "I don't understand women," he said. "Why do you attach yourselves to things that will inevitably hurt you?"

"Are you asking me because you really don't know?" Rhea scoffed. "Don't make it a sex thing. Guys do it too. We just don't really know what's good for us—or to be more accurate--who is good for us till it's too late."

"Right," Christian rolled his eyes. "Because we're blinded by our stupidity."

Rhea instinctively searched for Warren. If anyone was going to be dramatic about things, it would be him. He was the one with little to no restraint. Christian said he was going to perform tonight, but Rhea couldn't believe it. Was her heart anxiously waiting for him to go up on stage? Yes. Was she hoping to hear him sing, 'Am I Lovable' instead of Red? Definitely. The real question was whether or not he would step up to do it.

"Oh great," Christian droned stealing Rhea's attention. Rhea followed his gaze and found Misha manoeuvring across the dance floor to where they were standing. Her purple frock was as vibrant as ever, paired with black stilettos and flashy earrings. Rhea didn't feel sorry for Christian what so ever. If he wanted Misha to stop tailing him then he should just tell her off. It would make everyone's lives easier.

"There you are!" Misha gushed, throwing herself at her pretend boyfriend. "I was looking for you this whole time. Where were you hiding?"

"I wasn't hiding," Christian grumbled. "I was out on the balcony."

"So do you want to dance?" the model asked batting her lashes.

Christian stuffed his hands in the pocket of his pants and looked away, his attention set on Tegan. "No thanks," he replied. "I'll pass."

"Come on," Misha urged. "Just one dance."

"I really don't feel like dancing right now," Christian said pulling away from her. He addressed Rhea next. "Stick around for Warren's performance. I'm sure you will enjoy it."

Misha watched her crush walk away, her eyes glistening a little. Rhea almost felt bad for the girl, until she turned to glare her down. She wasn't stupid, someone had to give her credit! She obviously knew Christian was interested in Tegan. The guy didn't do much to hide his feelings. It was a little brazen and bold.

As the song finally came to an end, Rhea realized she had done a pretty bad job of distracting Christian. There were too many variables playing against her in this scenario. Nonetheless, Rhea needed answers! What was her friend thinking dancing with the enemy! Rhea watched Tegan finally step away from Scott and lead their sparkling conversation to the bar. It was the perfect opportunity for Rhea to intervene. She desperately wanted to meet the ass-wipe who made her friend cry, and truthfully, she wanted to get away from Misha Lodge.