Chapter 16 - Truth Bomb

Tegan skimmed through the photos of her and Christian napping. Rhea had sent them to her earlier that morning. Tegan couldn't remember the last time she was in such close proximity to a man. She dreamed of these moments and contemplated them in secret but her versions involved Scott Trevor, not Christian Lu. It was weird seeing herself sleep next to the flirt. They looked like a couple.

This wasn't a sign. It couldn't be. Sure, they talked a lot over the last month. They sent each other snap chats almost every single day, and yes Tegan agreed to take care his beloved dog Wicked, only to fall madly in love with him. But that was with the canine, not the owner. Why would Tegan like someone like Christian Lu? Not that there was anything majorly disgusting about him. Objectively, he was handsome. He had a stable job, made
good money, and was from a cultured family. Besides his twisted personality, he seemed to have great potential. Then again, what if these crazy feelings that she was developing were one-sided?

Tegan clicked the pen in her hand multiple times and twirled in her office chair. No, it couldn't be one sided. He flirted with her all the time. Maybe it was his playboy tendency or maybe it was something else. Then there was that fallen lash incident. He grazed his thumb against her cheek so softly, it made her heart flutter. Christian Lu wouldn't go around touching women so casually, would he? He was showing signs of jealousy when he realized his dog had closer to Tegan more than he ever has. He also asked her out for a cuddle session.

"No, no," Tegan shook her head. "He was obviously joking around."

This was bad. These kinds of thoughts were what started that bullshit with Scott Trevor. Tegan couldn't lose focus and fall for the next bachelor in line. Especially not when that bachelor was known to be a first class playboy.

A knock came at the door. "Come in," Tegan said spinning back around in her chair.

It was Cora. She was a fairly plump girl with curly blonde hair and brown sparkling eyes. "Hey," she waved. "Is this a good time?"

"Of course," Tegan waved her in. "What's up?"

"I saw Millie in the elevator and she told me to hand this to you," Cora said holding out a review sheet. "It's the polls for our commercial."

"Wow," Tegan was impressed with the results. "This is amazing."

Cora nodded. "I know, right? Scott did such an awesome job filming it."

Tegan cringed at the mention of his name. Cora was a good office friend but they weren't close enough to share those sorts of problems with one another. Tegan didn't want to tell someone who met Scott firsthand how she felt about him. It was a little embarrassing.

"Thanks for this," Tegan said. "How's your day going?"

Cora nodded. "Pretty good," she replied. "It's a nice and slow Sunday. I'm glad I came in otherwise I would have drowned tomorrow."

"Oh, I know!" Tegan sympathized putting the review sheet away. The less she thought about Scott Trevor, the better. "These emails are never ending."

"Then I will let you get back to answering them."

And just like that, Cora left Tegan with the burden of her own thoughts. Where the hell was Scott Trevor? Not that she gave a damn. Maybe he was out of the country again. Tegan wished he was off the planet; she wanted to erase all traces of Scott Fucking Trevor. Her eyes fell to look at her phone again. She unlocked the screen and stared once again at the photo of her and Christian Lu.

"Not to this guy!" Tegan told her subconscious. "He's just a friend. A friend. That's all he is. Just a very flirty, in-your-face, cocky, and crazy friend."