Out of My Mind - A Kingdom Hearts Cross-Confusion Story: Chapter 8

Chapter Eight

Vanitas was the first to go on his way. Yeah, I didn’t think he would have wanted to stick around. He never really was one for crowds. And boy was this a big one. When we got inside the building, I was amazed. Sure, the place seemed big on the outside; it was huge on the inside!

Also, when we passed through the gates, a pair of Mokona Modoki’s were playing around on the grass. Actually, they were on top of the gates watching us. Their eyes widened only when they watched us enter. Maybe they were security or something. The white one that traveled with Syaoran and the others in TSUBASA RESERvoir CHRoNiCLEs while the black one stayed in Yuko’s shop in xxxHolic. They saw that I was staring and waved. I couldn’t not wave back.

Absentmindedly I was following them into the principal’s office. I wonder who would run this school.  My shoulder hit onto the girl next to me that was going the opposite way. “Sorry!” I apologized.

She turned around. Her and her friend looked at me. Gosh, were they pretty. The friend had her long brown hair in a fishtail braid over her shoulder. The girl I bumped into had blond hair. They both had on makeup and jewelry as well as an improper form of the girls’ uniform, hiking up the skirt, revealing their bare legs and heels, making them seem taller than they were. They looked me up and down and then scoffed. They glared at my group of friends before leaving.

“Well, that was rather rude. ‘Elites?’” I guessed, pulling the bag straps back on my shoulder. If fell to my elbow when I bumped into them.

“Yeah, you get used to it. Just stay out of their way” Roxas told me. “We’re here, by the way.”

“I got some studying to do at the library. Let’s all meet up for lunch.” Riku asked. We nodded, agreeing to that. They probably take up their own table at this rate. He turned to head out.

“I’m going to copy his homework, catch you later, (name).” Sora grinned, patting my shoulder, running to Riku. “Hey wait up buddy…!”

“You’re not copying anything” he replied.

Sora’s mouth gaped as they walked away. “Aw, why not?”

Kairi laughed. “I’ve got to head up to my locker; it’s on the third floor. I’ll catch you later” Kairi smiled, waving before heading off in her own direction.

“I’ve got a meeting to go to—I’m a student teacher” Terra explained. “Nice meeting you, (name).”

“I’ve got some homework to finish up so I’m going to the lab. Come on Ven, I know you haven’t done your homework” Aqua scolded. Ven groaned and she sighed. “We’ll see you at lunch, (name).” she nodded off, directing Ven to follow her.

“Gah, this sucks. See you at lunch!” he groaned, waving to us while being forced to follow Aqua.

Xion was in deep though until she recalled something that seemed important. “I forgot! I got to an overdue library book, bye!” she hurried off, in a panic.

“Gosh, are all mornings like this?” I asked.

Roxas nodded. “Yeah, we still have some time before classes so everyone splits up to get their stuff done. That’s why we meet up at lunch because we spend the afternoon together. Naminé and I have classes near each other first this morning so we’ll wait for you and show you how to get to your classes.” He smiled. Naminé nodded, agreeing and taking out a sketchbook for the wait.

“Thanks. I’ll try not to be long.” I nodded, before placing my hand on the knob.

“Again!?” a voice yelled out, startling me. Then I heard a punch and the sound of wood breaking. The whole ground shook and a paper that was taped on the wall nearby fell off. Roxas went to go pick it up and place it back on the wall, assuring me that everything is fine. “Why is always you two? Violence is not the answer, especially considering that this is the 3rd fight this month. You’re lucky I haven’t suspended you yet.” Lectured a familiar voice. It sounded a lot like...