Out of My Mind - A Kingdom Hearts Cross-Confusion Story

Out of My Mind

Prologue

“No, no you can’t be serious!” tears were running down my cheeks. I kept finding the evidence that it was him but I was never able to put it together. “Why Roxas, why!?” I demanded an answer, slamming my hand on the desk.

He just turned around in his chair, and put his shoes to rest on said desk. He tilted head, looking bored but also amused. “You said it yourself now. We’re not two halves of a whole and we could never be. One would just consume the other. So if one was going to have to live…it was going to be me” he growled, pulling my tie so that I would bend closer and his face to breathe right in front of mine. It was shaky and hot with anger and resent.

I took steps back, shaking my head but gasped when my rear hit the sofa in the office. “I did not mean for you to take over Sora.” I retaliated.

Twiddling his fingers, his eyes glanced back at me. “Is that what you thought? No, no. I meant that I wanted the heart.” He got up and walked around the desk, trailing his fingers and sat in front of it, crossing his arms and legs. “You know very well that whoever controls the main body gets the power combined of all five of us. Sora the strongest? Don’t make me laugh. Him alone wouldn’t be half the hero without all of us. Now, Ventus and Vanitas put together makes twice his strength that I can use. Combined with Sora’s and my own is more than enough. Think of all that I can do with that power. Think of the people I can save.”

It took a long time to figure out what the motive was, but I didn’t skip a beat to know who it was for. “Axel and Xion.”

“That’s right. I can find a way to bring her out. She wasn’t supposed to exist but she became mine and Axel’s friend and everyone decides she needs to sleep for him? That happy-go-lucky imbecile who wrecks every life he didn’t know he interferes with?” Roxas was enraged. “Axel died for him for me! There’s a place we Nobodies go. A forbidden place. I’m going to use this power and I’m going to live. I’m going to find it. I’m going to set them free and make everyone who belittles others like us pay! This world needs fixing—Sora’s not the one to do it.” he walked towards me and brought me closer with my tie again. “It’s us.” He whispered in my ear.

Enraged, I pushed him back some. “Oh no. Do not drag me down with you. I was going to fix this but you ruined it!” I blamed, pointing at him.

His eyes were wide with shock. “What?”

I sniffled and took a deep breath. “I found out the way! The way for all five of you to live but you went astray with your own plan and wrecked everything! With Sora being the main host there could have been hope because Naminé could have equally divided the heart given you all a chance to live. He even agreed! But you, so selfish, you had to go and change everything. It’s been a day. The heart is connected to you and only you. Everyone else is gone, Roxas. You can’t bring them back. You’re not a Somebody, you’re not a Nobody…you’re no better than a Heartless.” My shaking fists banged his chest as he listened to my cries, completely dumbfounded.

He caught my fists. “Of course.” he started to laugh. “It hasn’t been a day! There’s still hope! You—you’re a genius!” he exclaimed, breathlessly as he let go of my wrists to grab my face to kiss my forehead. He switched sides so fast, I can’t even to begin to comprehend what was happening. He let go and ran to the door to open it and then ran back to me. “We can still save them! There’s still hope.”

He held onto my wrists and we ran and ran. We burst into the sleeping chamber. I was about to run to Naminé who was looking back from me to the ceiling when I realized that I was falling. I saw the ceiling. I’ve never seen it before. I just thought it was white like the rest of the room but it was colourful, midsummer evening’s sky. It kept spreading down the walls and then she looked down. She realized I was what she was seeing fall and pulled her arm to reach me but we were too far apart. Her image rippled like water and I witness Roxas pull out a gun and shoot Naminé.

He didn’t want to fix this—he wanted to terminate any chance of losing the full heart.

“No!” I screamed, sitting up. I panted and looked at my clock. 3:25 am. It was just a nightmare. No wonder the falling part didn’t make sense. But the feeling and the tears. They were real. “Why would you do it, Roxas?”

I shook my head, trying to rid the thought. No, he could never do that. I mean, there’s no way. But lately, all my dreams were like that. All my dreams of my favourite things turned into nightmares and it felt so real. I spent the next hour writing about my dream in my journal. Frankly, it was the thickest thing you’ve ever seen and I just wrote or doodled anything in it.

“What I would give to live with you guys somewhere. All of you, no matter where everyone came from. Especially Kingdom Hearts.” I yawned, letting the last of my tears fall out as I closed the book. I think it might have been just the A/C again, but the room temperature was getting hot and cold at the same time. Maybe it was the air from the vent that made my hair float somehow. My brain wouldn’t process it. Maybe it was the desk light, but the book glowed by the pages inside. Everything was acting different but I was too drowsy to find out. I kept blinking more and more. My eyes felt heavier. Everything was fading into a black abyss. “Nighty…night…”

I don’t know why, but all I felt that when I wake up, things would be different. 

__________________________________________________________________________

Ashy-chan's Cap: Hiya, I've made yet another story again. I know, there's probably a ton of people waiting for One Piece but I got zilch on how to make it awesome. Lord knows already how people actually came to read it, let alone like it.

And then I should finish transferring my stuff from my Quizilla account--HadesXIII before anyone thinks I'm stealing, it's mine. And then there's my other stories that are original....It's not like anyone read them anyways so I think I'm good to update those whenever I want in the centrury but that's not what I'm here to talk about.

I'm going to talk about this story. XxXJustBeFriendsXxX happens to be a friend of mine and she inspired me to do my own story where the main character breaks the rules (Hers is Unhappy Refrain) . We're always talking about what it would be like if someone knew or if things got out of hand which no one does xD.

That's when I thought that because as much as I LOVE Kingdom Hearts (It's my life) but there are also a lot of other things I like and love and I'm going to do my best to make one hell of a story to mix all these things together like you've never seen before. 

So what will you see? Well, I love Disney, so I'll try to add parts of the other movies and bits that never made it in the game yet and find a way to give it it's credit whether it's just mentioning it or having them explore that world--No, that's not spoilers because I don't know how this is going to work myself.

But also, Dreamworks. I am in LOVE with Rise of the Guardians and How to Train Your Dragon, so that's definitely going to give them a part in this, okay? Jack and Hiccup are just too precious and they'd fit right in, you know?

Also, some of you may be biased and hate me for this but you will be a fan of Pretty Little Liars. (I'm sorry! But I love that show!) It's essential because it's how your character will get along with some people and it shows your thinking skills to try and figure it all out (Or lack of it from being shocked by obvious things, I'm not sure yet)

Also, again some of you may hate me, but I am a fan of Doctor Who and time traveling with the TARDIS will be important. Think of it like the gateway to the past in KH2. Just a heads up. I'm in the middles of watching the series so I won't know everythng, I'm sorry. 

I'm also going to do my best to bring something new to some characters and keep them in character. I've never done a who would fall for you kind of thing so I'll end up paying more attention to the plot rather than romance. Everyone will have moments but this story is more focused on the adventure. We'll see hhow this goes.

Now, the chapter recap: I had a dream like this before so I brought it to life. The events of the dream isn't entirely relevant but the book is, you'll see why in the next chapter. But yes, Things were happening in your room but you weren't supposed to know that, that's why you were too sleepy to pay attention. But REMEMBER THE BOOK

Anyhoo, I've wasted enough of your time, I just needed to cover stuff. I'll work on making my notes shorter. I hope you guys stay tuned in with this crazy story! Ciao~