Out of My Mind - A Kingdom Hearts Cross-Confusion Story: Chapter 4

I looked at them. “A trip?” Well, this is unexpected but now I’m nervous again. Standing up, my knees shook a bit because I had no clue what to expect.

Xion and Kairi whacked Sora’s arms from both sides. “Poor choice of words, Sora! She doesn’t have any bags!” Xion hissed.

“It’s okay, really. But…where are we going?” I asked.

“To see Yen Sid. If you really weren’t telling the truth, he’d know and if you are which we do believe, he’ll know what to do.” Roxas explained.

I nodded. “I just have one question. Don’t some of you want to change before we go?” I asked. Roxas, Ventus, Xion and Vanitas who decided to come back looked down at their clothes and then each other’s. xion darted upstairs. Roxas and Ventus followed behind. I furrowed by eyebrows in confusion at Vanitas who remained.

He had his pinky stuck in his ear and then took it out and shrugged. “What? I don’t feel like dressing up for the old man. Deal with it” he pushed his shoulders and elbows back which pulling his head a little forward as well as taking half a step like when people do when they want to be intimidating. Made Kairi a little startled but I actually wasn’t fazed. There were too many people who try to do that but look more stupid than intimidating and he wasn’t really trying.

Roxas came back down. “Ven and Xion left to go tell Yen Side that we were all coming. Also, was that homework assignment due on Monday or no?” he asked.

“Next week. You haven’t started it either?” Sora asked. I stifled my laugh that they would procrastinate.

I followed them upstairs to the area that was in the middle of the upper floor, underneath a beautiful skylight.  The light trapped us in a force field and I held onto Roxas’ sleeve. He turned and I realize what I did and let go, hand in the air. “Sorry!”

He chuckled. “It’s okay, there’s nothing to be afraid of, but judging by your day you have every right to be nervous. “Trust me; this is a lot safer and quicker than some other forms of travel. The only downfall is that it won’t take you to your class when you’re late.”

Data came up on the field as well as some images. Sora clicked on one that looked like the Mysterious Tower. The data and the images scattered around the field, air whooshes around and blows our hair up a bit and then the next thing I know, we weren’t in Sora’s house anymore. We were in Yen Sid’s room! Stepping out, I wandered a few steps, looking around.

I was in awe. “Far out…We’re really here!” my eyes drifted to the tall man standing in front of a desk, talking to Ventus and Xion but gazed at me. I stopped in my tracks and everyone was silent. I bowed. “Master Yen Sid, it’s an honour.”

He gave a gesture of a hand that formalities weren’t necessary but they were indeed. He’s one of the most powerful people of Disney, his name even says so! He teaches Mickey all he knows, he created the world for Oswald which…essentially became the Wasteland.

“It seems you have come a long way from home, (name)” he started. “You were taken and was washed up ashore into a world you know but has never actually been to. Now these two tell me you know a lot about us to an extent to be considered a danger.”

It hurt a little to hear that. I clutched at my heart and took a deep breath. “I would never do anything to harm them or you or—I’m not capable of it, i can’t fight against you, I have no physical power, no magic to defend myself.”

He looked at me and nodded. “Yes it seems so, that you do not possess the same power as everyone around you have but you come from a different world. Battles must be fought in some sort of form.”