Out of My Mind - A Kingdom Hearts Cross-Confusion Story: Chapter 6

Chapter Six

It wasn’t exactly across the street, Kairi’s house was. It was more like, across the street, down the road and right on the turn where she lived. And once again…big house. This was like, outer Camryn Barnes from Twitches and inner Elektra Natchios mansion without the gates!

I stopped at the end of the driveway. “This is your house?!” I exclaimed. Yep, I’m pretty sure I knew how Alex felt, seeing Camryn’s house for the first time.

Kairi turned and nodded. “Yes, now come on you slowpoke!” she hopped back and grabbed my wrists and practically dragged me in! She’s got quite the grip!

I did my best not to gawk. Kairi lead the way as I saw a room with the door wide open. I saw a huge pile of clothes on the bed. “What happened in there?” I asked.

“Hurricane Paranoid” Riku laughed, soon being elbowed in the gut by Kairi when we stopped in front of the last room on the end of the left side.

She knocked on the door. I could faintly hear a familiar tune but I couldn’t quite put my finger on the name of it. “It’s open!” the voice said through the door. I’d recognize Naminé’s soft voice anywhere.

Kairi opened the door and went in. “Hey sis, have I got a surprise for you, we’ve got a new roommate!” She announced as the guys pushed me in, not too hard but enough that made me have to stumble on my footing.

“Ah—hi!” I waved. “I’m (name), nice to meet you!” I introduced. Well, at least I got one person down with a normal introduction. Or at least as normal as it will get, given my situation.

Naminé smiled. “It’s nice to meet you too. I’d give you my name but, you already know it. You don’t have to explain anything to me, I already know.”

“Then do you think that you can help her understand how the…place…has changed.” He hesitated about the name. I guess it didn’t have an overall name for the turn of events yet. “I know Yen Sid explained it, but it’s better to see the turn of events for herself.” Sora shrugged.

I looked from Sora to Naminé. She accepted his request and then faced me. “You know very well  that I can control the memories over anyone connected to Sora,” she started. I nodded, wondering where this was going. “When we separated in the big event that happened, my powers has enhanced and I’ve been given a chance to control them better. But also, when big events happen, I get visions on my own of Sora’s experience through his eyes. I actually slept in today and saw when Sora found you.”

“You did?” Sora and I asked simultaneously.

“Jinx! You owe me a soda. You can talk again in ten minutes” I called to Sora who was going to shush me. He crossed arms and huffed, a pout not leaving his face.

“So how does your power help me see the past though?” I asked, gesturing with my hands that I’m lost.

Riku pushed my shoulders to make me move to the bed. “Just sit patiently and you’ll see.” He turned to our blonde hair friend. “But if you do this, can you guarantee for sure that everyone’s minds will be intact?” he asked, cautiously.

I looked at them all in bewilderment. “What’re you talking about?”

“Minor mishaps. Nothing to worry about” Kairi nervously assured me before mumbling, “I hope.”

My eyes widened as I snapped my head in her direction. She sat next to me. Sora sat on the ground and Riku walked over to the chair at her desk. Naminé took a deep breath and made gestures. Not just any gestures, her hands remind me of ballet.  Her hands wavered as she kept on the tip of her toes, hopping up and down without leaving the ground and when she raised her hands over her head, Sora, Kairi, and Riku’s eyes and mouth glowed. A film strip came out of their chests flying around. The others were completely frozen, save for the air whisking around them, moving the details and cloth of their clothing as well as their hair.